Saw this today , awesome

I've seen him, he is fekin p1sh at that an aw.

---------- Post added at 10:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:04 PM ----------

Spent many years on price AOM and you do tend to put the absolute minimum into any job , but you still can do a decent job with out endangering people, but in this day and age price work is almost impossible.

To be honest Phil, I haven't but grafted like I was and would have been quids in during my prime if I did and your right you could do it quite easily. Nowadays though, as you say would just be a nightmare, not even sure if it would not be another nail in any directors coffin should something go wrong.

price is fecked as the NASC TGs are not carried on to the erectors price
HOW MUCH did prices go up when the double handrail came in ?
when the new SG SHIIT came in with the handrail on NON working lifts for the scaffolders to erect/De struckt HOW MUCH WAS ADDED FOR THE SCAFFS PRICE?

I agree with phillio on making price and having a good standard but most of these shiit jobs are all on private lands and being built by builders,roofers joiners this is a bone of contention that the NASC and HSE dont persue and in my opinion would do the construction worker and public a better service by policing as opposed to scaffolding companies who are trying their best to comply ;)

Obviously I agree, but then I would as I would benefit most should that ever happen. I know you will say here aom goes again backing the nasc, but they are only concerned by their members it's the HSE who police our trade and they are struggling to cope with what they have already hence the new charges. I don't know what the answer is, but if I was the contractor who intended using me I would be asking who is right and who is wrong.

i was on holiday and made good friends with a plasterer he told me of his big jobs coming off when i asked who does yer scaffolding the answer was US
as you dont need to get scaffs for a private job if its on the street then we need PROPER SCAFFOLDING
THIS NEEDS ADRESSING ;)

I come across this all the time. I was asked today on a church job if I would do the big bit over all the lower roofs and they would just do the big straight runs over the back. It's a notifiable project and they have a CDM coordinator but still try and cut as many corners as they can, don't know if it's the economy or not. I think it's been addressed as well as it's going to be for the foreseeable future.

This annoys the **** out of me because its right next to one of our new build sites where there demolishing some building , I'm getting stick for not having 2 clips on a inside board an inside standards being raised to one mtr as a minimum , yet 20 ft away someone gets away with this
These safety officers haven't a clue

There not interested (HSE) as there's no name board on it, your all fighting a losing battle.

Y deosnt that suprise me desp....biggest bunch of cowboys going. There were on a mccarthy and stone job in chelmsleywood b'ham. They had 10ft lifts, boarded and handrailed with no bracing, ties or rakers. Job was 5 lifts high.
We lost a job to them in malvern, rumors have it they bought the job.

Last edited:
Turns out the roofers have refused to work on it as there due to take the tiles off roof an load them on scaffold

i have noticed a few street gangs joining ali beams with normal sleeves when the beams aint long enough , looks highly dangerous but like Aom says if the lads aint got the kit with them and have another job to get to then some of them will just do whatever it takes to get it done.

Not ideal, but sometimes you have little choice... join with Sleeves and Splice with Butts and Doubles or go home - without pay.

Not always the Scaffolders fault. Bills need to be paid, pressures from the boss.
Like ive said before, Scaffolders do NOT stick together. You walk off a job, someone will jump straight in your shoes without a moments hesitation.

Not that ive ever put up a job as shoddy as that, but what 1 person finds acceptable, others might not.

Ive walked off a few jobs now due to being the Firm working unsafe.
Are they still going? Yes.
Are Scaffolders on there still working to the same 'dangerous' practices? Yes.
Are the Firm still earning a fortune? Yes...

With all this Health and Safety nonsence are these companies still getting away with it?? YES.

Top Bottom