Saw this today , awesome

Yeah, ok it's dog rough but at least it's scaff rough. By that I mean you can see a bit of thought went into it even if it's guff. You don't know the story behind it, were the boys under pressure, did the gaffer fook up the load list and not send enough beams, did the client not explain what was required before the job went ahead. All mistakes that shouldn't happen, but I will see your scaff rough and raise you total dead head rough and post a couple of pictures I took of a scaffold a joiner built.

They are on my phone so may take me a minute.

How the fook they get away with it is beyond me , decent company as well

Fook off took me all week!!!!!!lol

I tell ya what tho best I've ever seen was on a benchmark job a group of joe dakis ( concrete boys) build there own tower/prop to box in the pump for the concrete!!!! Wish I had pics of that :laugh: best thing was they thought they were the bollox putting it up ie this is easy and looking down at us :nuts:

You can have the best company going, but you will always have the gang/s that just fook jobs up...

i have noticed a few street gangs joining ali beams with normal sleeves when the beams aint long enough , looks highly dangerous but like Aom says if the lads aint got the kit with them and have another job to get to then some of them will just do whatever it takes to get it done.

Its no excuse for rough work Desp , but if whoever priced the job cant measure the kit properly then pressure the lads to get it up thats what happens.

They need to grow a pair then and ring up and say we aint doing it till you send the right kit...whats a days delay for the right kit, compared to someone losing their life due to dodgey erections..

they need to grow a pair then and ring up and say we aint doing it till you send the right kit...whats a days delay for the right kit, compared to someone losing their life due to dodgey erections..

on price £££££ the mortage payment

They could have made it a lot better just with the kit that's there.

Look, the job is not right and we now live in a right and wrong society. I don't think the job will collapse but you are right I wouldn't be able to sleep if it was mine. My only point is, there is a lot worse jobs on the go that need attention long before we get to the rough jobs that we can all build from time to time, like this one for example.

A joiner built that, the worst is they were replacing all the barge boards and slate right up to the ridge so they had a step ladder from the job to the apex. It was an insurance job, but I know the old boy who lives there and we have done a full scaffold over that roof more than once as he likes to get it painted every few years. My price for all singing all dancing was £1200 through a contractor, the guy who got the job was obviously £1200 cheaper without drawing breath. I always wonder though, if they cut corners like this, what others are they willing to cut.

As I said, a lot worse to deal with than rough scaffolders, although this shouldn't be an excuse.

Let's be honest, although it is possible to blame individuals, the gaffers will carry the can no matter what happens. I think marra has a point, I also think price work is the scurge of the construction industry. It's the only industry I know rewards failure, well that and the banks. Before all the price boys batter my door down, I know it is possible to do it quite successfully.

Spent many years on price AOM and you do tend to put the absolute minimum into any job , but you still can do a decent job with out endangering people, but in this day and age price work is almost impossible.

How the hell would you strike it especially to sg4.10 are the beams actually touching the roof? Sounds daft but looking at that pic it prob doesn't if u know what I mean

---------- Post added at 10:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 PM ----------

Spent many years on price AOM and you do tend to put the absolute minimum into any job , but you still can do a decent job with out endangering people, but in this day and age price work is almost impossible.

U would lose the morning with risk assessments/ method statements / tool box talks etc....

He's thrown the beams out and rested them on the ridge of the roof before sleeving the rest of the span out with t&f. He should stick to the joinery.

Top Bottom