Safety Question

Ok will take photos off no worries , I am not great at writing so pics are easy for me to try and get some answers to questions .We have site manager who can see no problems at all , I am trying to find information in black and white, to back up what i believe is to be a safe working platform for my job as a brickie. And am fed up with listening to the bullshite from site management , The scaffolder has set scaffold out to dimensions as provided by site manager as at the time scaffold was erected the was no brickwork to set scaffold from. ,scafolder is willing to close the gap but wants paying , builder wont pay . This site has been helpful to me with its reply's and i am not trying to cause any offense.

Ok will take photos off no worries , I am not great at writing so pics are easy for me to try and get some answers to questions .We have site manager who can see no problems at all , I am trying to find information in black and white, to back up what i believe is to be a safe working platform for my job as a brickie. And am fed up with listening to the bullshite from site management , The scaffolder has set scaffold out to dimensions as provided by site manager as at the time scaffold was erected the was no brickwork to set scaffold from. ,scafolder is willing to close the gap but wants paying , builder wont pay . This site has been helpful to me with its reply's and i am not trying to cause any offense.

Hi longman,
No offence taken, I can see your problem and have no problem helping you out but it could be seen as poor form if every brickie started posting all their complaints on here whilst looking for answers. I know the scaffs have done what was asked but now you have had an answer and hopefully the tools you require to state your case to the manager we can draw a line under it and move on. The scaffs that built the job would probably have told you the exact same stuff you have read on here anyway.

Good Luck
Aom

cant see the tape measurment to clearly, but you mite try getting 1 of the scaffs to notch a board at standard intervals, this will solve your prob, but you usually have a 3in gap for the brickies bubble. hope this will be of use. paul b.

I would for peace of mind, loosen my inside boards, move it closer to the Bwk 4'' then place some lengths of 4'' x 1.5'' at the back of them jam them in tight then clip my inside board again.

I would for peace of mind, loosen my inside boards, move it closer to the Bwk 4'' then place some lengths of 4'' x 1.5'' at the back of them jam them in tight then clip my inside board again.

Is that class b timber?

i would have erected it properly first time, then these photos wouldnt be on here and i wouldnt have to re visit job to rectify problems :D

i can just imagine some scaffolder in site managers office argueing it was erected properly, the buildings feckin shrunk with the cold weather hasnt it bit contraction boss :laugh:

haha this is so funny as when i first read this post by longman the first thing that popped into my head was a conversation on here a short while ago which involved scaffgap, but it wasnt you ken it was possibly your boss his name was on the website , 2 mins , John Houlihan(Director) ScaffGap Ltd thats the chap :D
Hi SuperScaff75,

I am not connected with Ken Cain. I wish he did work for me, he appears to be a very knowledgeable chap! ScaffGap is being widely used within the industry and does have its uses. Every time it is mentioned on here you seem to think someone is conspiring free publicity. I am an ex-scaff, 24 years service to the industry and now a Chartered Practitioner of Health & Safety. I take a passionate view towards reducing accidents within the scaffolding industry and fully appreciate the daily hazards scaffold operatives face. The industry has undergone many changes in recent years as it will continue to do so, all in the name of safety! We all must play our part!

300mm is the maximum gap between a board and what ever is there.
it sounds like the old story of surveyors cutting corners.

ie i want all lifts of scaffold to suite all trades.which as scaffolders we know it doesnt work.

but if you include a strip and re-erect lifts it gets pricey and you wont get the job.

have to drive 105 miles to sign a scaff tag and put on a landing gate any of apex on same site its called shirley towers torquay ring me . p,lus 105 back 07977237175 cheers

there are scaffold boards available which will sort out this problem. you can buy/hire them already cut to size. either 115mm or 150mm in width as opposed to your standard size of 225mm

have to drive 105 miles to sign a scaff tag and put on a landing gate any of apex on same site its called shirley towers torquay ring me . p,lus 105 back 07977237175 cheers

Are you saying there are two scaff firms on the same site. I know Apex have done one, are you doing one of the other ones? Where is your firm from if you are doing a 210 mile round robin? By the way they are known as the three ugly sisters for obvious reasons ha ha

if you're foot can fall through it then its a hazard

Second that.. always been the "correct" answer. I always used to base out with my inside standards 10" away from the wall for single inside board. Room for the board and a little bit of play.

I know John Houlihan pretty well , the product is good and has many uses , John also knows our game inside out

Top Bottom