saddle/stack scaffold

na just told him he was a fooking mug , insulted him and made him look a right d!ck in front of his brickies,trying to get the reaction i wanted . he put his head down and walked like the b!tch he is . i left the phone van and harness with one of my mates and went home .my boss rang me and said he understands why i went and to come in tomoro. after i left the w*nker on site who shuffled off with his tail between his legs came and told my mates he had never been spoke to like that before and it wont happen again . what a big brave man .

Allan666

Aye, a wee growl is enough eh ;), mutual respect goes a long way, perhaps he'll button it next time and LISTEN...

Lads, I go I on a 2 day scaffold inspection course soon, as I understand it, It wont entitle me to design or alter a scaffold thats been erected by a trained and ticketed scaff. Im there to check the scaffold is safe for people to work on, and the rule is scaffolds over 5 meters high must be checked every 7 days because of ***** like brickies making unauthorised alterations like moving ties out the way. I think your right ,tell em to fook off.:evil:

Hi Fredrick
I can see where your coming from mate, However, where did the 5m rule come from?

I could be wrong, regarding new Regs etc, Have i missed this in the parts of TG20:08 i have actually read:embarrest:

All working platforms and edge protection should be inspected before each use.

Before it is used for the first time

Following significant alteration

At least every seven days from the date of the last inspection.

Following adverse weather or any event likely to have affected its strength or stability.

All inspections must be recorded onto a prescribed register, as per the Work at Height Regulations 12 & 13 as well as schedule 7. The register used to be called an F91 but now it can be any means that provides a facility to check-back an ensure the statutory check have been carried out.

Paddy

Lads, I go I on a 2 day scaffold inspection course soon, as I understand it, It wont entitle me to design or alter a scaffold thats been erected by a trained and ticketed scaff. Im there to check the scaffold is safe for people to work on, and the rule is scaffolds over 5 meters high must be checked every 7 days because of ***** like brickies making unauthorised alterations like moving ties out the way. I think your right ,tell em to fook off.:evil:

5m rule was in place for bricklayers up until 1981 until proper Citb scaffold training got under way

Allways done em that way if they are pointing brickies prefer it stick it over ridge board it out and tell the prick to point the bottom himself,mind you suppose he's only covering his back if someone has an accident they will look for any excuse to sue even if thats how they wanted it allways seem to get stacks in winter love em in summer, gotta go hit the books.

Top Bottom