saddle/stack scaffold

allan666

Reaction score
i have been erecting saddle scaffolds for pointing . they are being pointed all the way to the bottom of the chimney so i have been putting up a 10 foot tower with a walkway to the bottom of the stack on the front and a saddle over the ridge to the bottom of the stack on the back . i have put extra handrails in so when they are stepping over the ridge they still have edge protection .the lads working on the job are really happy with it cos the last scaffs on the job were erecting the scaffold over the ridge and they couldnt reach the bottom of the stack . now the fat sweaty gentoo gaffer who has done a 3 day inspection course has decided that its no good because he doesnt want people stepping over the ridge . so he wants a bridge erected from the front of the stack to the back for access . this means they are back to the same problem of not being to reach the bottom of the stack . iv erected hundreds of these and stepping over the ridge has never been a problem. any advice or regulations so i can stick them in the fat cu^ts face

you could make the sides that go over the ridge bout 12c inch from wall of chimney to allow pointing, keep the front an back of chimney as it is but throw a ledger from your mid handrail front to back to create walkway off , it means the lads will be up an down trying to point up but blame da gaffer.

Put another saddle to one side of the stack, an extra two standards on the roof, walkway on the outside of the working platform at ridge level, two small ladders and an extra £250.00 in the coffers.simples...

allan666

stich yer fist in his fat face and yer boot up his arse, interfering c£nt---knock the B$stard oot :mad:

Put another saddle to one side of the stack, an extra two standards on the roof, walkway on the outside of the working platform at ridge level, two small ladders and an extra £250.00 in the coffers.simples...

No one will use it though... Too much hassle

the gears all hired and iv got nothing between a 10 foot and 21 . so i cant make the scaffold any wider . i did suggest that and the brickwork company said no to getting more gear or paying more for the scaffold .

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

you did mean make the scaffold wider so that they could have walkway and get the bottom of the stack didnt you . i have already had walkways up but they just got in the brickies way . i put the short ladders up as well.

the gears all hired and iv got nothing between a 10 foot and 21 . so i cant make the scaffold any wider . i did suggest that and the brickwork company said no to getting more gear or paying more for the scaffold .

---------- Post added at 10:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

you did mean make the scaffold wider so that they could have walkway and get the bottom of the stack didnt you . i have already had walkways up but they just got in the brickies way . i put the short ladders up as well.

Then do what Garry said and knock the cnut oot...:laugh::laugh::laugh:

the design was over the ridge which was no good . they are going to do a design to the scaffold i put up. i have been putting quick stage boards from the ridge to the back handrail today and he seems sort of happy with that. but i think its sh!t and dont see the problem with stepping over the ridge if the extra handrails are there . i think i ll just make the accesses smaller so the chubby tw*t cant get up

the design was over the ridge which was no good . they are going to do a design to the scaffold i put up. i have been putting quick stage boards from the ridge to the back handrail today and he seems sort of happy with that. but i think its sh!t and dont see the problem with stepping over the ridge if the extra handrails are there . i think i ll just make the accesses smaller so the chubby tw*t cant get up
I fookin HATE poxy chimney scaffs...Tell fatty Bo**ocks...

i dont mind them at all when im left alone to do them . i totally lost it again this morning with the brickies gaffer cos he keeps trying to get me to do stupid alterations and dayworks when im trying to make a wage on price .

feel sorry for you allan mate, know the feeling, feel like hitting your head of a brickwall sometimes, whatever happened to people using common sense,

Whatever Happened To Common Sense,Says It All Really,Soddin Bampot You Have My Sympathy Allan

I have to say Allan, we make them climb over the ridge every time with this sort of job. If you are enclosed within a handrail I don't see the problem. Three day scaffold inspectors should be shot, I don't know if I posted this already but when installing a ladder access tower the agent asked us to remove the lashing from the ladder and use a couple of singles to clamp it to the scaffold, I couldn't even look at him but you can bet he was on the same course as your man.:confused:

yeah sounds like he was on the same course . he tried to tell me to change an outside raker from a double to a swivel yesterday , yes i told all of them to fook off and got a bit angry .they all want to be my friend today . i might get a bit done now

yeah sounds like he was on the same course . he tried to tell me to change an outside raker from a double to a swivel yesterday , yes i told all of them to fook off and got a bit angry .they all want to be my friend today . i might get a bit done now
When you cant reason with them Alan, that's the way to do it.

Top Bottom