sacked on the spot?

been phoning around some local firms to see if i can get paid a bit more, and couple of them know my current boss, going to telll him iv been phoning around tomorrow just wondering if he can sack me on the spot, hes a bit of a women if hes not getting things his own way,

Hello Scaff101......

Don't worry mate, he can't sack you for making inquiries about another job!

You have had some good advice on here already.....and some not so good.

If anyone has enough delusions of grandeur to refer to employees as pawns, then it is very likely that he will come unstuck before long.....You should treat everyone with the respect that you would like accorded to yourself.....

Never be afraid to confront any company or person.

I myself have recently had a major confrontation with an international company.......and won.

I know that there are a few on here that know me and can verify that.....but that is all I am saying for now......so, don't worry mate. At the moment you don't appear to have been approached by your boss regarding this, and quite possibly never will.....but there are a lot of unemployed Scaffolders in West Wales at the moment......so make sure you know your rights.

You are never bigger than the guy who employs you,you may think you are,and let's face it,many people after a skinful do,but unless you are willing to go down companies house,buy your own firm,buy your own gear,rent your own yard,go out and hunt for work,and actually get the contract,you are just a pawn,hate to bring you down to earth mate,but that is the reality,oh,and haven't even mentioned public liability,etc etc

fellas not on about hes bosses firm hes on about hes rate of paye yes some firms stuggle week to week and some firms earn a good liveing from there employes you take the rough with the smooth. you get on a large industrial firm there turning over millions each year so it depens what firm or contract your on your looking at it from the boss not the employee

Fcuk it i'd sack you with immediate effect for being such a pussy worying about being sacked ;)

Top Bottom