sacked on the spot?

scaff101

Reaction score
been phoning around some local firms to see if i can get paid a bit more, and couple of them know my current boss, going to telll him iv been phoning around tomorrow just wondering if he can sack me on the spot, hes a bit of a women if hes not getting things his own way,

Depends on how long you've been there and what his reasons are.

---------- Post added at 04:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:03 PM ----------

Have you got a 7.5t licence?

You have every right to look for another job if you want. You haven't done anything wrong. He hasn't got any grounds to sack you. If he starts getting funny and makes your life hell make sure you write everything down. If it gets to the point you feel you have to leave then you can take him to a tribunial for Constructive Dismissal.

Baz

---------- Post added at 04:07 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:05 PM ----------

https://www.gov.uk/dismissal/unfair-and-constructive-dismissal

Baz

Was he paying you when you were phoning around or was it in your break?

them potential employers have no right to **** stir either. wat aloada bollox

Where in Wales are you Scaff101 and can you drive a 7.5t?

Been there years, had a day off today so used it to phone around, I'm in west Wales no haven't got 7.5 licence,

Shame.

If you've been there that long he has to go down the verbal and written warning route unless you do something that warrants instant dismissal such as working in an unsafe manner or violence.

Last edited:
Ok, get off at Cardiff Airport and ring the yard. Don't worry I'll keep you away from the 8' x 8's.

Have you spoken to your boss about a pay rise ?
maybe now he will give you one he knows your phoning round.

Ok, get off at Cardiff Airport and ring the yard. Don't worry I'll keep you away from the 8' x 8's.

Will drive down from Heathrow. I am borrowing happyhuguenots volvo.
No probs with 8'x8's as have been practicing. Will be good to work with one of the best scaffolders west of Skipton. Any chance of getting Roger Nutkins as well?

He can dismiss you on the spot ( it's his company) but if he does he will leave himself open to an employment tribuneral case that will cost him money. By sacking you on the spot he has failed to follow procedure. Basically he would have carry out an investigation, which would involve interviewing you. Only if there was a case to answer could he commence disciplinary procedures. In other words stop worrying.

Neil

been phoning around some local firms to see if i can get paid a bit more, and couple of them know my current boss, going to telll him iv been phoning around tomorrow just wondering if he can sack me on the spot, hes a bit of a women if hes not getting things his own way,

as jiggerman says fook him your intitled to ring round for a beter lifestyle your not in prison or on a footballers contract my dosh dont start going up i will be ringing round in front of the boss:laugh:

You are never bigger than the guy who employs you,you may think you are,and let's face it,many people after a skinful do,but unless you are willing to go down companies house,buy your own firm,buy your own gear,rent your own yard,go out and hunt for work,and actually get the contract,you are just a pawn,hate to bring you down to earth mate,but that is the reality,oh,and haven't even mentioned public liability,etc etc

There is truth in what you say Lee but the guy has been there years, some employee's are more than just pawns, on the other hand some are not even pawns.;)

There is truth in what you say Lee but the guy has been there years, some employee's are more than just pawns, on the other hand some are not even pawns.;)

This thread isn't about being bigger than him it's about trying to get paid more, I'm the only scaff on the firm, so like to think of my self of more of a bishop than a pawn

your lucky gibbsy isnt your boss he sacks peole for having a smoke break
do you think he would sack anyone for taking stupid videos ?;)

Top Bottom