rope access scaffolder ...advice plz lads

dertboll

Reaction score
rope access level 1 , is it worth doing ? scaffolder with ropes how does it benefit the industry / company ? i mean what type of scaffolding could you do on the end of a rope ? i would say its pretty limited .

any advice guys . thanks

PS. just cant afford to throw £1000 away on another ticket if its not going to get me anywhere.....im skint :D

Rope access is a completely different game,i'm sure it would have a very limited use in the scaffolding world,save your money mate;)

Scabseillors as they are known are generally painters forced to go through the course there are also a few sparks(never backed a strike in their puff)and some riggers.
Or some sketeboarding hillwalking fecker who puts himself through a 2 day riggers course,an inspection/ndt course and puts his hands up to do anybodys job off a rope as long as there isnt a breeze then he will sit in allday reading the guardian or talking shiite about him doing extra time because he is going to climb everest next year.
Waankers the lot of them stick to erecting safe working platforms for other trades to work safely from.;)
THERE ARE ALSO A VERY FEW SCAFFS WHO HAVE BEEN PUT THROUGH THE COURSE,BUT I DONT HAVE TIME FOR THAT MYSELF WHY WOULD A SCAFF TRY TO KEEP HIS MATES OUT OF WORK

Words of wisdom from a fellow scaff to a mixed or desperate for money spider

Well there is a guy on here called peachey(something like that) who is advertising for 300 scaffolders with IRATA for a big platfrom construction project. Check out the offshore thread I think.
So it may be worth doing. Theres always work for rope access window cleaners these days on buildings such as the Burj Khalifa (Dubai). Dont know about the Shard???

My firm ALLTASK have just put men through their rope training as we have to erect 3 scaffolds on a slope, escalator shaft on Tottenham court road, it can and will come in useful on jobs like that, ie station upgrades and the like.

My firm ALLTASK have just put men through their rope training as we have to erect 3 scaffolds on a slope, escalator shaft on Tottenham court road, it can and will come in useful on jobs like that, ie station upgrades and the like.

How many of them have you had though? It is handy for other things in my experience but not just for scaffolding. I take it you have a level 3 working with them mightymouse?

The level 3 is usually some snobby plank eating gouja berries and talking shiite about the eiger,while trying to deny he got his arse tore to shreds at public school;)

Wonder how much your firm under cut other contractors for this job
They have been getting build with scaffold for years so remember your firm are putting so called scaffs through this to get the Job on the cheap
To stop the real Scaffolders getting work ????????

Yes scaffolds have been built on slopes and anywhere else men need a safe platform to work on without the need to be dopes on ropes
built jobs offshore just so the ropes who can get anywhere,have somewhere to hang their ropes?whats the point;)

I am sure you have to do so many hours on the ropes to stay qualified so I just don`t see the benifits for a scaffolder and a level 3 has to be present at all times . Generally speaking most of the irata guys I have met are glorified painters as for the rest total fannies .

You need to also prove x amount of hours between levels av not herd of any scaffs using it only once on a wind farm out at sea other than that isnt the purpose of it to eliminate scaffolding completely for the like of painter and welders to weld in place with out the need for 20 lifts of scaffolding the only other thing would to be to come off a building bridge and up were a truss out isnt possible but then again it would only be to get the first lift in and you would be back on the scaffold

WERE IT WOULDNT BE POSSIBLE TO GET A SCAFFOLD
you can get a scaffold anywhere
thats the fecking point and if you cant then you are not a scaffolder

Fred dibnah, put any and all southerners to shame.

Fred Dibnah was a cockney... all the best people are.
George W Bush: Born in Mile End.
Ally McCoist: Born in Stepney.
Adolf Hitler: Born in Whitechaple... :amuse:
Ghandi and his 250,000 relations run every corner shop and Londis from Barking to Aldgate.

On topic.
It could be a handy course used offshore, as i can see the benefits of both Abseiling and Scaffolding combined.
Ive always fancied climbing Everest, all i need is one of those little dwarf Indians to carry my rucksack and im there! :cool:

Fred Dibnah was a cockney... all the best people are.
George W Bush: Born in Mile End.
Ally McCoist: Born in Stepney.
Adolf Hitler: Born in Whitechaple... :amuse:
Ghandi and his 250,000 relations run every corner shop and Londis from Barking to Aldgate.

Err,hitler was a scouser,google it:D

Top Bottom