ring lock scaffolding

onoowl

Reaction score
Any one useing Ring Lock Scaffolding in the UK ? is so what do you think?

Welcome onoowl,do you mean cuplock?sounds like just another system,maybe you could elaberate any advantages this system has over any other;)

Ring lock is another rosette based system like layher.

Probably a generic term for simillar looking systems to layher, plettac, monzon, scaffom, surelock or etobicoke, all ring systems from established manufacturers.

The one I mentioned is from a spannish company. They market it under the name Resablok system. They say its a patented system, but it looks just the same as other systems you can find for sale on the internet. The main benifit is supposed to be the time taked to build.

They all say that. What about performance, can anyone in the UK design a job using it and do you intend mixing it with another type? All potential pit falls in my eyes.

Yeah, that is what they do best. Fair enough if you are a start up with no stock, then you can invest as long as your sure this lot will always be around but for anything else, forget it.

The idea is not to mix it, but its 48mm diameter.so it should be able to .

The idea is not to mix it, but its 48mm diameter.so it should be able to .

Seen a few discussions now on that subject and stayed out of them as they went legal but for me, I have only ever bought gear from one supplier who certifies everything to the exact same level, train the boy's in one particular system and get my designs done with no doubting the standard of components used.

Mixing is a big no no and it is going to bite some on the erse soon enough.

Had this debate with a rep once about mixing, ze germans have the main ring systems that fit into each other tested for mixing, if they get awarded a TUV certificate its ok to mix.

Our mate the rep wants to protect his wicket, fair enough, but if the engineers are good with so am i.

Especially as the second it goes on your wagon the manufacturer will say you've done something wrong with the kit if anything goes wrong on a job 100% guaranteed.

What specification does your designer use and who's guidance are the boys trained on or do you just train them all in all systems?

The reps will try and sell you anything, every one I talk to tell me there is no problem but speak to most of the designers I know and they will tell you different.

they tell me its the best thing since sliced bread. But if it was every one would be useing it right !
Thanks for the feed back.

I have never used it so it might well be, you just have to do your own homework and be aware of the pitfalls.

There will be plenty other's who have used that or some other copy not even aware of the potential problems but plenty others who are using copy systems quite successfully.

Top Bottom