right way up for beams and braceing of beams

always been taught to put them in on the bottom. it differs per job though, sometimes it cant be helped. wouldnt ever put them in on the punch up's though. i've put them on the verts in beams before on 2 doubles.

Always put on puncheons as that is your node point mate. Swivs on temp roofs to allow for deflection, doubles on all other beam work. Always to node point though with standards on beams laced with tube connected with right angle load bearers.

They can be put on top or bottom depending on the use of the beam, for a normally supported beam the compression is the top chord, if it's a cantilever beam the compression becomes the bottom chord so I would imagine the bracing can be placed at the bottom, or some other bracing afternoon depending on the engineer, could be wrong though I usually am

Grafter,

the beams themselves are more load bearing according to manufacturers when the lattice are in the V configuration when load is from above like.

same as you see on most bridges the first lattice is pulling the load not pushing it.

celtic

Generally on lattice beams "such as the old unit Beams" there generally isnt a correct way of fixing the beams, going to the manufacturers guidance.

The guidance says the as long as the puncheon is fixed to the top and bottom cord then generally the puncheon will always be fixed near a node point of the beam, generally seen as a where the V meets each other.

where the puncheon will only be fixed on one double and the puncheon is the middle of the V then this can become a week point.

the guidance also says that the plan bracing should be fixed under the top cord of the beam, as mentioned above the top cord is in compression and bottom cord is in tension.

Hope that helps!

just ask any of the labourers on the firm i work for, they seem to know the effing lot.

---------- Post added at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 PM ----------

i take that back, im grumpy coz my back hurts

i take that back, im grumpy coz my back hurts

Hello ship. Do some exercises mate to ease the pain, get yourself a small exercise ball and do sit ups with that resting under your back where the pain is. I used to have agonising back pain!

yeah thanks mate, fed up with jeremy kyle, although i have made a smart lego tractor so not a complete waste of time!
Think it was excercise that done me in the first place! Gave the fags up but have piled on the weight, so trying to shift that now

yeah thanks mate, fed up with jeremy kyle, although i have made a smart lego tractor so not a complete waste of time!
Think it was excercise that done me in the first place! Gave the fags up but have piled on the weight, so trying to shift that now

Haha not all wasted time then :laugh:

Top Bottom