Riddor

Again I totally agree and I have paid the premiums for years to prove it. As ever I could be wrong but Paddy posted the origins of this report a few months back and when you read the whole report I got the feeling of a definite shift from the ridiculous laws we have and to simplify the whole process. I thought this was the first step getting back to a clear and acceptable level of health and safety management without putting any one at risk. Let's face it, if you are willing to risk someone's safety for the sake of a poxy job you're not going to care what this or any other man has to say about it.

---------- Post added at 10:43 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:41 PM ----------

so basically they have got us by the balls which ever way you look at it

Just how the ambulance chasers like it.

Agree poacher

I make a lot of money from insurance underwriters defending thier clients actions or omissions in damage/injury cases.

I also act for the plaintiff to put his case on occasions

I do not see how the "ambulance chasers" can be reeled in , or that we would want too , as it is a right in UK law to iniate a law suit for damages/injuries you sustained by the neglect/actions of others

Last edited:
I don't think any one wants to stop rightful compensation claims against wilful neglect Rigger, just stop the bus before we end up like the ham shanks.

Agree poacher

I make a lot of money from insurance underwriters defending thier clients actions or omissions in damage/injury cases.

I also act for the plaintiff to put his case on occasions

I do not see how the "ambulance chasers" can be reeled in , or that we would want too , as it is a right in UK law to iniate a law suit for damages/injuries you sustained by the neglect/actions of others

Plaintiff is greek law now beta know as the defendant, sorry for being a smart arse Nebosh speak is flooding back good thread ha ha.

speaking from experience I have had 2 claims 1 employment tribunal H*rtels paid 20 of us off using the matrix rather than LIFO last in first out got £19k 2009, had shoulder injury in 2005 Salam*s got £95k in2010..........................

So there aint much you can tel the PTG about civil litigation about to put another in against my current company for constructive dismissal:D:D:D

Poacher lost me with ........"

"Plaintiff is greek law now beta know as the defendant":wondering:

A plaintiff (Π in legal shorthand), also known as a claimant or complainant, is the term used in some jurisdictions for the party who initiates a lawsuit (also known as an action) before a court. By doing so, the plaintiff seeks a legal remedy, and if successful, the court will issue judgment in favor of the plaintiff and make the appropriate court order (e.g., an order for damages).
In some jurisdictions the commencement of a lawsuit is done by filing a summons, claim form and/or a complaint, these documents are known as pleadings, that set forth the alleged wrongs committed by the defendant or defendants with a demand for relief. In other jurisdictions the action is commenced by service of legal process by delivery of these documents on the defendant by a process server; they are only filed with the court subsequently with an affidavit from the process server that they had been given to the defendant(s) according to the rules of civil procedure.
Not all lawsuits are plenary actions, involving a full trial on the merits of the case. There are also simplified procedures, often called proceedings, in which the parties are termed petitioner instead of plaintiff, and respondent instead of defendant. There are also cases that do not technically involve two sides, such as petitions for specific statutory relief that require judicial approval; in those cases there are no respondents, just a petitioner.

Poacher lost me with ........"

"Plaintiff is greek law now beta know as the defendant":wondering:

A plaintiff (Π in legal shorthand), also known as a claimant or complainant, is the term used in some jurisdictions for the party who initiates a lawsuit (also known as an action) before a court. By doing so, the plaintiff seeks a legal remedy, and if successful, the court will issue judgment in favor of the plaintiff and make the appropriate court order (e.g., an order for damages).
In some jurisdictions the commencement of a lawsuit is done by filing a summons, claim form and/or a complaint, these documents are known as pleadings, that set forth the alleged wrongs committed by the defendant or defendants with a demand for relief. In other jurisdictions the action is commenced by service of legal process by delivery of these documents on the defendant by a process server; they are only filed with the court subsequently with an affidavit from the process server that they had been given to the defendant(s) according to the rules of civil procedure.
Not all lawsuits are plenary actions, involving a full trial on the merits of the case. There are also simplified procedures, often called proceedings, in which the parties are termed petitioner instead of plaintiff, and respondent instead of defendant. There are also cases that do not technically involve two sides, such as petitions for specific statutory relief that require judicial approval; in those cases there are no respondents, just a petitioner.

Sorry Rigger I meant claiment not defendant 7 pints of stongbow has clouded my judgement

---------- Post added at 11:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:22 PM ----------

fcuk me rigger, its after 11 o clock at night an you still speaking perfect english, :nuts: made me tired reading that :laugh:

its been cut & pasted off Wikipedia Supa:embarrest:

Ucatt's response to the matter.

UCATT has submitted its response to
Government proposals to extend the period
for reporting injuries that result in a worker
being incapacitated for work from three
days to seven days. UCATT is totally
opposed to this plan and believes it has
nothing whatsoever to do with improving
the health and safety of workers in Britain.
It is chiefly a political decision, to
implement the recommendations of the
Young review and free business “from
unnecessary bureaucratic burdens”.
The underreporting of accidents in
workplaces is already endemic. UCATT does
not believe that allowing employers another
four days before they need to file a report
will increase reporting. On the contrary, it
could be argued that the weakening of
regulation regarding the reporting of
injuries sends a signal that the importance
attached to reporting is diminished and
could lead to a further growth in
underreporting.

So the Union is opposed, yet the TUC, big cheese is happy with it.

Yet how can Hugh Robertson , TUC safety policy officer, condone these actions. It surely cant be because he sits on the board of the HSE, i thought the defenition of Union was United.

Anyway another aspect for you learned Friends and colleagues to debate, the removal of the HSE infoline, your views appreciated. However, UCATT views which i stand by.

UCATT is warning that cuts in how
dangerous incidents are reported will
greatly increase dangers in the workplace.
The Health and Safety Executive
announced in May that from September
2011 it was closing its Infoline and that in
future the reporting of accidents and
dangerous incidents could only be
undertaken online.
UCATT accepts that while it may be
appropriate that accidents are recorded
online, this is not the case for the reporting
of dangerous incidents. While it is
employers who report accidents, it is
workers and the general public who report
dangerous working practices. There needs
to be an easily accessible method to ensure
that concerns about a dangerous site can
be raised in the knowledge that a worker
cannot be identified.
George Guy, Acting General Secretary of
UCATT, said: “Workers hardly ever see an
HSE inspector, unless an accident has
occurred. If there are dangerous working
practices or a dangerous incident occurs it
is essential that workers know how to
contact the HSE and know that the
information they have supplied will be
treated with complete confidence

Copied and Posted from UCATT hard hat, barring my own inference regarding Hugh Robertson.

Paddy

Last edited:
do you mean you stand by all ucatt views or just the last one bout infoline paddy.

Personally I think the HSE is border line useless and is already almost uncontactable now, over the years ive rang for clarification on some things and I have never getting a straight forward yes or no answer, nor have i ever getting a direct straight forward reply they just quote from their own regulation book.

They just say things like it should be suitable for the purpose it is intended for

in my opinion the whole system needs a dam good shake up and a major overhaul , but so does nearly every area of all government departments this whole country is bogged down in beaurotic red tape stuff,

we need less grey areas, good plain english rules, simple straight forward procedures etc

not regulations that can be interpreted 45 different ways an all be right, not people suing razor blade companies because they never printed "sharp object"
on the box, or drive thru restraunts because they didnt give instructions explaining if you put your coffee on dashboard then drive away it will fall on you an scold you due to using hot water to make it.

we need right is right, wrong is wrong

You seem to be clued up about hse Super. Hse are understaffed under the cosh,under achieving. Seems most prosecutions happen after the event,thats easy pickings for them. The theory is..report accidents, if someone is off work for 3 days or more. This is not to start a file against companies,but to get an idea of causes of injuries/illness.(For recomendations to present to HSE) unfortunately too many companies will gloss over, and not put events in accident book. 3 days should remain in my opinion, tho I heard something like 70% of incidents remain unreported

I done my nebosh frederik, and running a business means you pretty much deal with all kinds of stuff H&S wise including reading, listening and talking to likes of HSE or Local authority safety officers or consultancy people and their books, booklets etc etc

like you say they dont seem to be around to helpprevent stuff, but you cannot help notice them when they smell blood

So who needs educating Super. The developers or hse?? Do developers really care about their employee's, or are they just paying lipservice to a legal obligation. Shouldnt Hse be employing ex trades men to inspect specific trades. Any one can pick a few things wrong with a scaffold,but it takes a pro to know if its built well. They could take things out of the hands of companies and ensure 7 days happen on all sites.. They could charge client/contractor as part of planning permmission. If they really care

HSE have always 'Told you what you CANT do'. However, as super has stated, they will not give you any specific information, on 'How to do it.

The Infoline bit Superscaff.

im sure like me you will have cruised around the internet looking for stuff then realised you on the american version of safety osha or possibbly the employment buearo ( How you spell bewro again ) or any government department in the US.

Everything you need is there for free download , almost anything an american worker or employer needs to know regarding employment, safety, tax, medical anything at all even forms or form templates , it is all there free of charge to download , our hse has lots of downloads yes mainly just hse stuff tho not like the US you can literally set up a complete business with all policies, forms posters, all that type of stuff for free , over here unless you are expert in everything we need to employ consultants and stuff to set up H&S policy , procedures, accounts, employee procedures blah blah blah generally costing a good few quid,

There is too many people and organisations making too much money in england out of H&S which is probably why there is so much confusion , grey areas etc etc

If the HSE talked plain english everyone would understand properly therefore helping clear waters murkied by profiteers

yeah been there too, I have ahabit of going into a kinda daze when on internet an sometimes dont realise things untill i read a non english type word an snap out of daze for 30 secs lol

Top Bottom