Rescue plan

R

rhinoscaff

Hi Does anyone have an example of a resue plan please? Thank you for your help.

Email: mcguire992@btinternet.com

Thanks Very Much

---------- Post added at 09:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:18 AM ----------

rescue plan!!

Its for scaffolders working at heights - They'd obviously be wearing harnesses, but I need to write a plan should they fall from height? Thanks

its for scaffolders working at heights - they'd obviously be wearing harnesses, but i need to write a plan should they fall from height? Thanks

it should be in the method statement,no plan no climb

But you still need a rescue/retrieval plan as well as RAMS denbo

the safety people who does your method statement should now include a rescue plan,log onto media fire they have a perfect rescue plan what you can download and print of dont forget to make some copies.

Rescue plans should explain how you are expected to recover an employee / scaffolder if they happen to fall whilst working at height. i.e will it be possible for other employees to retrive them using lower lifts. will you need to have Gotcha rescue packs set up if working on hangers / cantilevers if so you will need sufficent training to use these. Could you use MEWPs to retrive. Even ladders are permisable to use on some jobs but you need to confirm this first, One way every body over looks is the fire brigade prior any works on high rise works pop across and explain to them where you are working whats involved an they will thamk you for this as it gives them a heads up and it looks well on your contact details of RAMS

I was always told under no circumstance could I use the emergency services as a means of rescue or first aid on a method statement?

Fall and hung in a harness , phone fire brigade, set up long ladder , and rescue someone all in 20 minutes , not in the London it could take them 20 minutes to get parked close enough and then only if its at an accessible part of the job .

Sorry lads but got threatened by big brother with ILLEGAL action . ILLEGAL action you might ask i'm asking myself this from are proffesional body

Last edited:
Top Bottom