Reply from Tom Hardacre

france tunissia egypt dont put up with it so why should we roll over and keep takeing
the bulls!it best thing thats ever happend to the scaffold industry is the sccr you wait untill it finds it feet people already starting to listen doing a great job sccr. and ragscaff for pushing forward with all the scaffold issues in our industry well done lads

You missed Australia dico :D

Maybe the olive branch needed is for them to recognise the SCCR and talk directly to Ragscaff.

Maybe the olive branch needed is for them to recognise the SCCR and talk directly to Ragscaff.

Yeah, fair point and why not, as long as dialogue can be opened and progress made.

Dear Mr Hardacre,

I have been passed a copy of your reply to my e-mail I sent you. This e-mail was placed on the SCCR web site for ECITB scaffolders to copy & paste you as I seemed to get no reply to me letters, e-mails & phone calls. I have on several occasions left my details for you including the SCCR office number, my home number, my mobile number, my personal e-mail, the SCCR e-mail & my home address. To date you have not shown me the respect of a direct reply.

I have had replies & dialoge with the ECITB, CISRS, National Joint Council & Govenment.
It is my understanding that Unite represent the workers as part of the CIJC : Construction Industry Joint Council. CISRS Scheme Owners.

What I find hard to believe is that Unite did not fight the corner of the worker, instead backed the CISRS scheme as owners!

In your reply you rightly stated that there is a divide between the sectors Engineering & Construction. Historically that divide was Engineering ECITB & Construction CITB. Unite if I am correct mainly had ECITB members working in the Engineering sector. If your members were to be affected in this way why was there not a ballot?

Are you now saying it is UCATT who failed to look after the ECITB guys?

Why did the notification of the removal of these cards not go to all members? We still have ECITB card holders now who are not sure what is going on!

Do you not know that the ASRE was removed primeraly for the same reasons that the ECITB was, no training. How many of your members with the ASRE could be affected if that is the next card to be removed?

The ECITB card is now extended for a further 12 months! So if an advanced card holder has just been informed through this latest letter he now has 12 months to gain his CISRS advanced card?

Thats not long enough & who's going to pay for it!? Is the training time scale going to be reduced further?

Are we to tell a skilled tradesman to go back to the classroom & undertake an attendance course with guys that have no experiance at all. Is that anyway to treat our workforce!!!

So the CIJC is made up of the NASC who have 230 members out of a possible 16,000 who represnt the employers, Unite the Union & UCATT who represent the worker. There are around 40,000 + scaffolders in the country, how many are Union members. The CIJC owns CISRS but can't help its union members!

Sounds like a licence to print money!

You appear to point blame at the employers for the ECITB guys not undertaking the CISRS change over. Yet if you had an Advanced scaffolder working for you at a top rate would you want to send him away for courses over 2-3years in 10 day blocks or would you just wait until that card run out & say you are no longer qualified & get some one else at no or little cost!!!!!

When you next have a meeting to find a remedy I hope you will see fit to invite the SCCR who represnt small to medium businesses & Individual scaffolders on a level playing field.

You say the figure you are looking at is around 600, we think it could be up to 3,000. Also if a deal is done what happens to all those guys that have already lost jobs & money over this poorly managed situation?

We have tried to voice the concerns in this situation to the NASC but as they seem to be the main stake holder of the CISRS scheme I feel it is purely down to money now & because the situation was not controlled properly in the first place our only option is to take this to the court of European Rights.

The SCCR is setting up a select sub committee run by members who have the ECITB cards, they will take this situation further backed by the SCCR main committee & contact as many ECITB scaffolders as possible, even those who have their CISRS cards & take this mad situation to the next level.

To sum up.

The scaffolding Industry is not recorgnised as a skilled trade!

CIJC owns CISRS but cannot or will not control it!!

NASC runs CISRS & both are run as non-profit!!!

The scaffolder with over 20 years service is pushed to the bottom of the ladder!! Oh yes & 20 years of Union subs!!

You might have gussed that I am not an educated man but I do know right from wrong.

Regards Stewart Quinney
SCCR Chairman

PS The above is without prejudiced.

Still no reply from my mate Tom!!

Thought he had put a contract on the forum!!!

Red tape and crap thought up by fools who just like to complicate things and control people...Hard workin men should all stick together and tell these mugs we're not gonna stand for it...Just tell whatshisname to go and shuffle his paper somewhere else and leave the men who rattle this stuff up and down every day to get on with it and just earn a living....:mad: What next???

how come unite can support the national grid and give them a full backing on there work to rule with possible strike action if things dont inprove but they cant reply to the sccr even though theve had numerous leters from ragscaff. and the ecitb scaffolders have been erecting scaffold for the national grid now for the last 8 to 9 years with no problems beats me your supposed to be the biggest union in the construction indusry you havent done much to support your members on this ecitb issue come on mr hardacre were waiting!!!!!!!!

How do we start our own union Paddy?

Last edited:
How do we start our own union Paddy?

Swifty mate, The SCCR, is the way forward, We do not need to start a Union.

we have formed a 'Confederation'. The SCCR is the combination of a consensus of opinion, relating to the identifiable shortfalls concerning and relating to the lack of the Consultation Process' being implemented, to the "Guys on the Coalface" and the SMEs that are wanting to join N.......

I will refrain from posting on public Forum at this time, as i dont want to jeopardise, further Commounique, from our intended reciepients.

So Gentlemen what are you waiting for?

£10 per annum individual membership, Postal Orders, cheques, paypal accepted no reason not to join is there?

Join the SCCR and do it now!!!!

Have a voice in your industry.

Last edited:
So Gentlemen what are you waiting for?

£10 per annum individual membership, Postal Orders, cheques, paypal accepted no reason not to join is there?

Join the SCCR and do it now!!!!

Have a voice in your industry.

just put this back to the main page swifty in case someone missed it!!!!!

Top Bottom