Replacing the Rope & Wheel

Good idea but like all hoists it would take ages to get the gear up. Nothing beats a good labourer on the rope.

I was on site last week and the safety officer stopped us using the rope and wheel. They both had an in date cert but he said the wheeel needs a brake. This might be the future. I hope not!

No SWL given, all its showing is a skip for fittings, ok if it lifts a 100 at a time. Think it could have possibility's with a bit of adaption, extending it up a meter or so above the guardrail, tying back to an inside standard, even so think it would only be suitable for system as you have shorter components, could land a stillage if SWL allowed. Can't see how you could land say 10x21's at a time.

Years ago when working on a hanager at the grovener hotel , my charghand used a pipe hoist, diesel driven, very fast, and could lift a huge amount of weight, he attached the wire bond to the rope through a wheel which was supported on the roof by a ladder beam, the best thing i have ever seen in this game, why have i not seen it since , that must be twenty years ago,has anyone else seen them ?

Years ago when working on a hanager at the grovener hotel , my charghand used a pipe hoist, diesel driven, very fast, and could lift a huge amount of weight, he attached the wire bond to the rope through a wheel which was supported on the roof by a ladder beam, the best thing i have ever seen in this game, why have i not seen it since , that must be twenty years ago,has anyone else seen them ?

Yep, we used to use the same thing on Aerial Scaffolding.

As for the video RV - Nothing new mate. It's just a winch with a silly little scaffold bracket. Ever heard of half couplers?

And where are you supposed to get your power supply from?

I was on site last week and the safety officer stopped us using the rope and wheel. They both had an in date cert but he said the wheeel needs a brake. This might be the future. I hope not!

Had this brought up a few times ourselves, think this is the future and its not looking bright.

---------- Post added at 07:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 07:24 AM ----------

We use something similar on our firm. But ours still fix to a mast. Wouldnt be happy with that fixed to handrail mid bay either, would you trust a builder to put this on himself or not mess with it?

The hoists we supply just get destroyed by everyone, almost to the point that we are not going to bother with them anymore.

Like someone already said, cant see how it would help a scaff much, too hard to break the gear in over the handrail.
Nice idea though all the same, with a bit of development could be a winner for some.

i just think it looks handy for getting loads of fittings,tube n boards below the 10 t 8 ft long mark. im sure you could erect handrail in a way where you could quickly create a gap to swing it round onto the platform to land.

has anyone used them haki hoists with the thing on them where you stand tubes up inside hoist to lift upto working lift

blisters

theres nothing better than a few blisters on a hard days work:cry:

I remember the old saga swing jib hoists with a villiars petrol engine...fast but brutal....anyone remember em?:eek:

Best thing I've seen in ages is a Geda elevator fixed on the back of an open transit van. Uo to 35ft high. WOW why cant it be that easy every day.

I remember the sagas .... My supervisor came out to help to get one up

He let the brake off pulled the cable out and went up the scaffold hooked it over the top handrail some lifts up .. he started it up and with a long piece of cord pulled the handle and tried to control it as it pulled itself up the scaffold

He lost control of it and it shot up the scaffold at full speed smashed the top handrail and it broke its mechanism and came back down again and smashed the walkway ....

He left us at that point to go back to the office to order another machine

What a laugh

Nothing like a laugh when you're at work.

The old days were the best, 3-4 pints for lunch. Back to the hanger. no doubles around - oh well singles will be OK.

Never lost anybdy yet !!!!!

that was a favourite method for getting sagas up , but there was always the danger of of sticking the throttle open , they where heavy BAST**** .
Do you lads also remember the big old centre slung hoist with the 22 foot runners .
Makes me laugh i got bollocked for pushing the up button on a passenger hoist a while ago
and all the hoist i have erected and tested as this was a scaffolders job , test was good , load hoist , lift about 5 foot and prop with a tube , then knock tube out if it holds its sound

saga hoist

yes i remember the old saga but does anybody remember a similar one called the ace midget you could take out two pins and use the winch remotely to pull the jib up or as i did mount the winch on a frame and send the gear up horizontal and land it on hop ups 3 long at a time or 5 boards comes back down on freefall fast as f##k still got 2 winches in my garage 1 diesel 1 electric.also remember the 22ft sections pulled up with winch motor came up the 8ft tower at what seemed like 100mph stood on 2 boards 180ft up no harness no guardrail but the best bit had to be fixing the chicken wire to the hoist tower (call me soft) off 1board

Top Bottom