relocating

marra watson

Reaction score
ort lads am curently part one goign on my part 2 later this year me and the boss(the misses) are wanting to relocate the reason is she can earn around /£25/h agencey and will always get a job (social worker) and i think it will be better prospects for me career wise diffrent job widen my horisonz living in a city some wear where do you think the best palce would be to relocate to work wise other than london and could do with a start for some one itehr shut down or street before moving down any sugestions? cheers

Think everywhere is about same pay apart from London... maybe consider the outskirts and travel in to work ?

yeah that will be the idea cala we fort of lancashire you got bolton manchester lancaster chester burnley etc all with in about 40 mins drive curently we live in whitehaven the furthest place form
a- and airport in europe
b -firthest place from a motor way in england out in the middle of no where we are
geographicly its the bigest county in england but population its probbly the lowest so not very many oppertunities
were are you from cala

yeah sellafeild but getting a p4 (pass ot get on) is a nightmare its cheaper to put a cleaner who has his p4 in for the tickets than it is to get you a p4 and its a who know type of place not only this bbut i have 3 brothers in scaffolding 2 have worked there on and off for years but they have the fuk this attitude and small population so this news has traveld fast so reps sort of stuck with me to a certian extent am tryign to egt the get back the family name lol alan not so bother about working on site if i can get on the street i like grafting and all the prosses will do my head in got itchey hands but i would take a job on site if theres no others cheers alan

ort lads am curently part one goign on my part 2 later this year me and the boss(the misses) are wanting to relocate the reason is she can earn around /£25/h agencey and will always get a job (social worker) and i think it will be better prospects for me career wise diffrent job widen my horisonz living in a city some wear where do you think the best palce would be to relocate to work wise other than london and could do with a start for some one itehr shut down or street before moving down any sugestions? cheers

Hi scaff 1989 if you want to work suggest you get your safety passport first cos you won't get through the gate,Grimsby's always good cos you've got conoco,lor,and saltend,easington and a few others stella's only £2.10 a pint and you can get a good kebab cheap happy days:)

---------- Post added at 05:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:16 PM ----------

Ps if your misses is looking for work she's only got to go over the water to hull

Cheers blues bro has worked on grimbsy conco and a m8b said it was brill yeha few thing to sort out first part 2 saftey passport liek you say and survuval so if get off shore wont matter were am at lol cheer well look in to that m8

London rates aint that good atm tbh.
Hard pressed to get £140 a day with an Advanced card, let alone a Part 1/Part 2.

Though you might get a good job down here, as theres always alot of building work, especially with the Olympics work and Crossrail kicking off.

that hasnt half goone down as on for benchmark on the olympics and was on 140 a day year and a half ago must be bad lol

cheers benjo our lass is a lanky lass and woudl; rather go there but this adds weight to my side lol i just wann get soem more exp and soem bucks lol bit more than 7.50/h lol

Ive moved from the north dan saf for the same reasons. Never looked back mate.

Just you gaz or the other half were did ya go first..... Did ya have ajob to go to first?

Well I started in Manchester, then got laid off, in 2008 was out of work for a good few months, there wasnt any work to be had atall at one point. My mrs was in uni in Cumbria so I moved to Hampshire on my own after getting a decentish paid job there. I was there for a year, couldnt be away from the mrs any longer so i moved back up north (Cumbria) got a job straight away, £10 odd ph and that was good money in Cumbria. I lasted there 6 months, got laid off again because work went quiet. So decided to come back down south after getting offered work in Bognor (agy £15 ph) I lasted there for a few weeks because it was **** and i was the only scaff on the whole site. I found more work in Horsham (agy £16.50ph) so went there for a few months, the job was coming to an end so i found another job closer to my digs in Worthing that was in September and im still there on £140 a day. You would be very very lucky to get money like that up north.My mrs has moved down here with me now aswell and were both doing well in decentish paid jobs. Also there is so much work about down here you can afford to take no ****, if ya get me. If your not happy about something you can make it be known and if it dont change you can just jack and get work somwhere else.

I do have a part 2 but these days it seems a part 1 is just as good to get you work and as much money, especially with agencys.

cheers gaz sounds like a night mare i just want to go to one ares with oth moving about well i dnot mind havign a base in one area ad traveling.... were bwts were you in cumbrias and who did ya work for am up here at the mo lol

Since Ive moved down here I have lived in the same house and all my work ive had has been no more than 30 miles away. If your on half decent money then not too bad, its only about £60 a week in fuel in my car lol. Most the time I have been self employed so I can claim all that back on my tax return in April anyway.

I currently live near Bognor Regis, Ive got Brighton to the east, portsmouth and southampton to my west, and horsham and crawley to the north all within reasonable traveling distance. Always plenty of work about it seems.

I was living in Appleby working for Thompson Scaffolding. Was a really good company to work for, but when work went quiet, because I was the last one in I was one of the first out. I could have tried to find work in Carlisle but from what the lads were tellin me at Thompsons I would have been lucky to even get £10ph there. Wouldnt have been worth my travel money. So dan saf I went! Not been out of work yet (touch wood)

Last edited:
did you work there when john mcdonald was there for foxy was yan of faxys m8 nice lad john says foxys a gent talk to you very well and treats you very well his just finished a few for jaking the piss like .. could of had a start wid him in jan but no car in whitehaven. were are you actually at in the country now? who eles was there at thompson when ya were there lewis minshaw there?

Yea i know lil john mak :) Nice bloke. Foxy had to be one of the best bosses I'd ever had. Treated his lads really well, good scaff too. He had a few lads from Carlisle working for him like Steven Blair and Martin Connor. Couple of lads from Whitehaven too. Big Craig, lewis and Lyndon Mawson. All good lads. The Whitehaven lads got laid off when I did.

I live in West Sussex now (Bognor Regis) sunnyest spot in the country. Lovley beaches, mint in the summer :)

Top Bottom