redcar blast

north sea scaff

Reaction score
whats happening with the blast? is there any jobs starting or another load of false promises again, like the paper mill ,3 power stations and the 2 oilrigs.

lotsof guys working on redcar (capes) see big malone in (

it's who you know or drink with,

not if yer a good scaffolder

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Onshore job enquiries:
T: +44 (0)844 736 0033
recruitment.onshore@capeplc.com

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

it's who you know or drink with,

not if yer a good scaffolder

---------- Post added at 02:16 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:08 PM ----------

Onshore job enquiries:
T: +44 (0)844 736 0033

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:16 PM ----------

And are you a good Scaffolder, Teesside?
You certainly seem to have a downer on the lads working on the complex.
What's up? Can't you get a start?

Your quite wrong there
You seem to have had a lot to say about certain firms and certain men just lately Teesside.
If you reveal yourself I am sure some of the said firms and men would have a thing or two to say about you.
I am sure the likes of Swale Scaffolding and the lads who only get work because they drink in certain pubs would love to leave a comment or two for you.
I am on the complex at the minute and the job is ok. Not the best, but it will do until something better comes along.
This is my 3rd stint on there and I don't drink with anyone on there.
The reason I am on my 3rd stint is that I put up a decent job and do a days work for a days pay. That is why the management contact me again when I have been paid off.
Also, if you knew as much about the job as you seem to think, you would know there are men on there from Newcastle, Sunderland, East Cleveland, Whitby, Sedgefield, Guisborough and a few places out in the sticks, so I fail to see how they have only got a job by boozing in the same places as the supervisors and management.
So in a nutshell Teesside, stop talking b o l l o c k s and stick to posting meaningless job vacancies and stuff about Ray Mallon.

just one thing (i am not teeside scaffolder) to long in the tooth,, but in reality the pub culture does exist and your correct in what you say lots of men get jobs on merit quite right too,also there are guys who get foreman,supervisors jobs ,for being who they are,guys who have not been in the industry for very long but get promoted for all the wrong reasons , working on the complex you should no who i am talking about.and over the yrs on teeside that as been going on.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

The past is a blessing because it is our teacher. The future is a blessing because it is our opportunity.

just one thing (i am not teeside scaffolder) to long in the tooth,, but in reality the pub culture does exist and your correct in what you say lots of men get jobs on merit quite right too,also there are guys who get foreman,supervisors jobs ,for being who they are,guys who have not been in the industry for very long but get promoted for all the wrong reasons , working on the complex you should no who i am talking about.and over the yrs on teeside that as been going on.

That happens all over the country not just Teeside.

---------- Post added at 02:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:15 PM ----------

The past is a blessing because it is our teacher. The future is a blessing because it is our opportunity.
Yes it does exist, but not for everyone.
As you know Dennis, there are some good spanners employed on the contract and the Supervision is far superior now than it ever was under Formscaff, NSG or that shower called Rowecord.

you mean to tell me,thats theres scaffolders from newcastle sunderland working on there. i hope not. when there is local lads sat on the bru. please tell me this is a wind up.

you mean to tell me,thats theres scaffolders from newcastle sunderland working on there. i hope not. when there is local lads sat on the bru. please tell me this is a wind up.
The Newcastle lads been on there for 15 years plus.

Seems like i have upset / offended some people on here, well I would like to apologize for all my past comments I have made.

I was only having a bit of crack and a joke, like scaffolders do.

Which seems to have been taken the wrong way by some people.

With regards to swale scaffolding I have never worked for them, and its only what my mates have told me about them, when there have worked for them in the past.
And that they would not work for them again.
And these lads are top scaffolders with years of experience.

With regards to the blast / complex, its sounds like it as changed for the best, I hope. And my pasted comments regarding this may have been to what went on in the past, with old isl /nsg/ capes/formscaff etc.

All the lads that I know that have worked on the complex use to say its not what you can do , but who you know [ supervisors and management ] and all of lads new this went on. I may of took the drink with, a bit to far.

Like you say, the reason that you are on your my 3rd stint is that you put up a decent job and do a fair days work for a fairs days pay.
And that’s how it should be.

And I know the complex is not the best job, but its better than some.

I know there’s lads on there from other areas[ Newcastle etc ] and they been on years.

But I hope that local Teesside lads in 2011 now get first chance of future employment on there.

And then the travelling lads next.

right lads. rainhams,palmers and capes all looking for men for the blast. fill your boots. all kicking of next week,fill your boots lads.

Got any contact info North Sea Scaff got to get away from London cheers.tried capes couple of weeks ago heard nothing as yet thanks.

in my opinion geordies have never been welcomed on a teeside industrial site. they close ranks and work the man out .its happened loads of times.

right lads. rainhams,palmers and capes all looking for men for the blast. fill your boots. all kicking of next week,fill your boots lads.
Old stuff that.
And very wrong !

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Seems like i have upset / offended some people on here, well I would like to apologize for all my past comments I have made.

I was only having a bit of crack and a joke, like scaffolders do.

Which seems to have been taken the wrong way by some people.

With regards to swale scaffolding I have never worked for them, and its only what my mates have told me about them, when there have worked for them in the past.
And that they would not work for them again.
And these lads are top scaffolders with years of experience.

With regards to the blast / complex, its sounds like it as changed for the best, I hope. And my pasted comments regarding this may have been to what went on in the past, with old isl /nsg/ capes/formscaff etc.

All the lads that I know that have worked on the complex use to say its not what you can do , but who you know [ supervisors and management ] and all of lads new this went on. I may of took the drink with, a bit to far.

Like you say, the reason that you are on your my 3rd stint is that you put up a decent job and do a fair days work for a fairs days pay.
And that’s how it should be.

And I know the complex is not the best job, but its better than some.

I know there’s lads on there from other areas[ Newcastle etc ] and they been on years.

But I hope that local Teesside lads in 2011 now get first chance of future employment on there.

And then the travelling lads next.
Thanks for being man enough to apologise Teesside.
I got the hump because you just seemed to be tarring over 100 men with the same brush which was not a fair thing to do.
Good job Mallon got re-elected or he might have ended up on there !

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

in my opinion geordies have never been welcomed on a teeside industrial site. they close ranks and work the man out .its happened loads of times.
There are only 2 Geordie lads on there and they are spot on.
2 of the best spanners I have worked with in my 35 years in the game !

YER I WOULD HAVE TO SECOND THAT 2 Geordie lads

ARE GOOD THEY KNOW ALL THE JOBS ON THERE INSIDE OUT.

BUT LETS GET MORE TEESSIDE LADS ON THERE FIRST

Old stuff that.
And very wrong !

---------- Post added at 11:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

Thanks for being man enough to apologise Teesside.
I got the hump because you just seemed to be tarring over 100 men with the same brush which was not a fair thing to do.
Good job Mallon got re-elected or he might have ended up on there !

---------- Post added at 11:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:25 PM ----------

There are only 2 Geordie lads on there and they are spot on.
2 of the best spanners I have worked with in my 35 years in the game !

are they morris and coxy?

Top Bottom