ready lock transoms

Ledger bracing every other bay unless you find a very brave designer.

hi i'm a scaffold inspecter trying to find some sort of guidlines on these, but can't find any .

Readylock is a mobile transom system that Prefabricate a transom tube and 4 fittings to
Produce a rigid unit that speeds scaffold erection.
Readylock pre-coupled scaffold transoms scaffold tube standards and ledgers to form a quickly erected, 5 board wide "system" access scaffold.
Standard tube and fittings provide the intermediate transom to support the scaffold boards used for decking. These tubes may be extended to provide support for an inside board.
Due to the exceptionally rigid corner joint Readylock can be erected up to 30m high without the need for ledger bracing. The omission of ledger bracing gives free access along the working platform when it occurs at intermediate levels Face Bracing As with normal tube and fittings face braces are required at intervals of not more than 30m.

Made in China!! Happy Chinese New Year

Hi all just joined......does anybody know where there is a spec or data sheet on Ready Lock Transomes if so could you point me in the right direction. Thanks guys.

Welcome to the forum Dodger, think the only spec sheet that exists is no longer relevant as it was written that long ago.

Work for a firm who really likes these. I get on well with them too.
Last year an inspector for carillon came on site and said unless we had a certificate stating ledger bracing isnt required then they must go in.
Our boss said sgb had the "rights" on them and wanted a fortune to issue him with a certificate...not sure whether this is the case or not but if it is, it's probably the fact that this firm took the job off sgb

SGB did write the spec sheet that stated no brace were required.

Be interested to hear Alan Reades views here seeing as he was at SGB at the time of Readylok.

Have my views of them...will keep to myself or now!

got to 0;13 i think there great miles faster than doubble standards remain plum (if readylock not bent) level on readylock and wrap off simples

Last edited:
Have used ready lock on SGB and various other firms ....only on GB did we ever leave braces out but only on jobs upto about 60' .......l think they are a great bit of kit, thanks all for your help.

Be interested to hear Alan Reades views here seeing as he was at SGB at the time of Readylok.

Have my views of them...will keep to myself or now!

Thanks Buddy!!
I have commented on this subject several times in the past but here it is again........
Readylok:
I have worked with it since 1974 as AxSD Intermates and there was no other data on this product other than a few logical assumptions as follows.
Original Spec; unbraced up to 30m for UNCLAD scaffolds.
So for a 40m high scaffold you would brace the bottom 10m and not the top 30.
Apply any form of cladding (sheeting or mesh) then bracing required alternate lines.
HOWEVER....
All this went out the window with TG20 as these would appear not to be covered resulting in the transom units needing to be braced in accordance with the TG20 guidlines.

There have been several copies of this unit made and a couple of tests performed on this product I am unsure that the tests performed do anything other than test the transom unit in a local fashion, ie. the transom works as a transom I have my doubts as to the validity of the tests with regards to their suitability to omit bracing.
Hope this helps
regards
Alan

alan marra what sort of money would it cost to test the readylock to ditermin weather or not its ok to leave out braces any ideas

Top Bottom