? Re board width

Zotsey

Reaction score
Hi lads, just a quick question.
The blokes who im doing a bit of work for are putting a roof on a new brick built garage.
They want me to erect a 1 lift scaffold around sides and back but want it 2 boards wide with an inside board ! There are no space restrictions
Is this ok ? I thought it had to be a min of 3 and an inside board.
Am I wrong ?
Cheers

Min 3 boards mate, not counting outside board.

Cheers Deb, that's what I thought (min of 3).
Thought I'd better double check cuz didnt want to look a tit when I said got to be 3 ! lol

I've done a couple of boards wide when there hasn't been room for any more but there are no space restrictions on the job. Could be 4 or 5 boards wide with inside board no probs but he's asking that it be 2. Doesn't make any sense to me but supose it's less boards for his lad to hump !!! lol
You reckon I just give him 2 then like he wants Phil/Allan and say nowt ?

you d probably be better off giving him three boards and no inside board if hes loading it with tiles , there ll be an overhang on the roof anyway . but if hes sure he wants 2 and 1 id just give him it

What ever the customer wants , is what the customer gets mate . ask him why he wants 2 boards , he might just think it will be cheaper

as theres plenty of space, why would he want 2 boards ?? It would be same price as 3 anyway, I'd tell him to **** off.. do it right, no comebacks then...

Cheers lads. He pays me on footage so I dont think he thinks it will be cheaper. I think that he prob thinks it's the minimum. Should have seen the state of the jobs that whoever was erecting for him before I dropped on.
Im just gonna give him 3 and an inside, if he says owt I'll just say its 3 min. Protect my neck !

What ever the customer wants , is what the customer gets mate.

What if he wants you to dress up as a woman and shag you with a strap-on?

I know it'll be a laugh, but what if hes asked you to wear an icky green dress?
Now thats just not on! :eek:

my scaffolds are always 4 or 5 boards wide wen no restrictions, why squeeze between 3 board wide when no need , i wouldnt dream of putting 3 board wide scaffold up unless had to for a reason

I always do 4 & 1 super unless they specify.
Having seen the site this morning I think your bang on Allan, there's a garage with a granny annex type job further down the drive. They'll want to be able to get past with car, I'll check tomorrow, job not going up till Sat

Last edited:
Even worse when they want to squeeze a car or van near it. Some old dear as blind as a bat.:eek:

What if he wants you to dress up as a woman and shag you with a strap-on?

I know it'll be a laugh, but what if hes asked you to wear an icky green dress?
Now thats just not on! :eek:

As long as he does the risk assessments and method statements first and its cash on completion ...........

Kinda like this...

legend-2%20drag.gif

:nuts:

Top Bottom