Racking a 7.5T

SWIFTY

Reaction score
This is a post from Keystone for some reason it keeps coming up as moderated but nobody has moderated it, so I've C&P'd it.

Scaffolders Forum | Scaffold Tools | Scaffolding Jobs and Courses - View Profile: keystone

Hi All

Im after some thoughts and pics on the best set-up for racking the back of a 7.5t lorry for street work. We are doing more and more street work at mo due to slump in new housing (so no forkys for off loading) and can see a benefit in changing the yard setup slightly to cater for loading racked out lorrys. We've all got some ideas but would be interested in the experience of anyone on here.
Cheers

Just put the quater panel's up front and load the feckers as normal,total waste of weight having all that racking,in fact i think i've only seen it on old site wagons and in london,is it just a london thing??:huh:

Not up here swift;)you cant get feck all on a 7.5t wagon as it is,never mind all that racking as well:eek:

If you don't drive a 7.5t with at least 16t on it around here people think you're soft.

if the wheel arches aint grinding the wheels then there ain enough on it i was told. ;)

You don't rack out bf? A couple beams can't make that much difference to weight.

I'm not a fan of racks on 7.5t, total waste of time. They just add more weight and you cant see what lenght tubes your pulling off. If ive ever loaded one up ive stacked boards ten high then put bearers across and load boards on. If you put a rack on you will be driving over loaded.

Racking for stacking ain't it Tony. Strange how its different around the country

You can only put three layers of tube and a couple of shoulder of boards on a 7.5t anyway,get more in a feckin wheelbarrow:D

Why will you be over loaded with a rack ?
the 20 boards you put up the sides just take away 18 inchs of room on the width of the tube load , i have always use a frame with 3 ladder beams to carry the boards , keep all your tube in order on the bed and you can see exactly
what tube you have .

You can only put three layers of tube and a couple of shoulder of boards on a 7.5t anyway,get more in a feckin wheelbarrow:D

we had to off load a wagon as vosa had pulled it and it was over but it was going on an erect so we took what we thourght would take it under 7.5 for vosa to weigh it again was 4 boards heigh level with a mixed load right out of yard down 3 compounds to the weigh bridge and under by about 200kg then back to our yard loaded it back up and off out again :laugh:

---------- Post added at 09:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:46 PM ----------

never sene wagon loaded using beam for skids. allways bene 3 board left and 3 boards right and then tube in the middle.phil on a 7.5 loading like that you wouldnt be able to sill the tube so crnt really see the point

lets see some pics lads

Top Bottom