R.i.p. Mark duffield

scaffolding gypsy

Reaction score
R.i.p. Mark duffield/ west burton death

Working on west burton and witnessed the sham that arrised on Friday morning regarding the death of scaffolder Mark Duffield. My heart goes out to his family and friends. What an absolute disgrace, edf the principal contractor deny any responsibility for their poor response to an emergency. An absolute cock up that potentially cost a man his life. When are these persons going to be held accountable? Surely they can't sweep this under the carpet. Not only have they refused to pay the ten grand to Marks family but also docked everyman that left site in respect of his life. Hang your heads in shame edf, you want nailing to the wall for this. A one minute silence was held by the entire contracting workforce in respect. And a complete walk out demonstrated our lack of confidence in edf and their total dissrespect for a fallen brother. R.I.P MARK DUFFIELD

Last edited:
i never heard about this gypsy ,
and my thoughts are with his family at this hard time :(

bad practice for a large firm as if the family arnte going through enough as for stopping
the contractors moneys it should be added up and payed directly to the family.

Wrong very wrong. Thoughts are with the family . Respect from Ragscaff.

God of power and mercy, you have made death itself the gateway to eternal life. Look with love on our dying brother Mark Duffield, and make him one with Your Son in His suffering and death, that, sealed with the blood of Christ, he may come before you free from sin. Amen.

Rest in Peace

if this is true edf are a fu(king disgrace . money over life . i know of other stories alongthese lines . particularly when the chopper went down off morecambe bay . this isnt the time for that R I P MARK DUFFIELD

sadly allan66 this is a true story. First response vehicle arrived 25 mins later with no defib gear. Infact a pick up truck. There was no actual doctor on site, the defib gear was miss placed, An absolute shambles. It was arround 45 mins before the equipment was found and used. As we all know time is crucial in such an emergency. The contractor cummunity on site will provide the ten thousand pounds to marks family. And as said before shame on you edf your lack of compassion and cover shown Friday morning I hope will haunt you.

Working on west burton and witnessed the sham that arrised on Friday morning regarding the death of scaffolder Mark Duffield. My heart goes out to his family and friends. What an absolute disgrace, edf the principal contractor deny any responsibility for their poor response to an emergency. An absolute cock up that potentially cost a man his life. When are these persons going to be held accountable? Surely they can't sweep this under the carpet. Not only have they refused to pay the ten grand to Marks family but also docked everyman that left site in respect of his life. Hang your heads in shame edf, you want nailing to the wall for this. A one minute silence was held by the entire contracting workforce in respect. And a complete walk out demonstrated our lack of confidence in edf and their total dissrespect for a fallen brother. R.I.P MARK DUFFIELD
I was there and the harsco lads did all they could EDF have shown a total lack respect for this lads life! they lied about time frames of the events trust me i know minute 4 minute if the lads did stay in the gate EDF would have payed up (ransom) but we didnt so they wont pay up but f##k em the working lads will pay up the same lads that did everything we could to save Mark same couldnt be said for EDF RIP Mark

any 1 know if thats the same mark duffield tha wrked on langage power station plymouth

---------- Post added at 12:53 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:51 PM ----------

rip

Top Bottom