Question?

J

Jason-Gibbs

Picture the scene:

Working on a large Independent, half the fittings are rusted to pieces.

Striking... the Scaffolder up there decides to take ALL the Handrail out (top, bottom and third) atleast 80ft long and pass it down, all the while walking about 70ft up in the air along the Scaffold WITHOUT any Handrail at all.

Then gets the blokes working for him to jump down every other lift, flip the boards and proceeds to bomb/drop all the gear down.
Each bloke has about a 15ft catch.

But your on day work and there are about 3 Rope and Wheels on site...
No heroes on the job, no extra for getting it down any quicker.

Also, this is a site in the West End of London (a breeding ground for HSE inspections), not a job out in timbucktoo. :confused:
People walking about everywhere beneath you too.

Much wrong with this picture??
Or is this still an accepted way to work?

I personally think your asking to either get someone seriously hurt or the HSE are gonna bust your arse, should they turn up.

Answers on a postcard.

Sounds like an accident waiting to happen mate. Seems like a lot of scaffs have only one way of working and can't adapt to their surroundings. That sounds crazy when there's people around you. I love being able to crack on and get the job finished whether it's day rate or not but that doesn't include being reckless. Can't beat working on a quiet site out of the way but even then there is a way to 'bomb' gear in an orderly and methodical fashion. Can't stand the feckers who just jump up and start throwing gear all over the place without any care for the labourers safety or for where the gears going and basically just make a big bonfire either.

Impact wrench will sort the fittings out ,some scaff haven't got a care in the world!

Picture the scene:

Working on a large Independent, half the fittings are rusted to pieces.

Striking... the Scaffolder up there decides to take ALL the Handrail out (top, bottom and third) atleast 80ft long and pass it down, all the while walking about 70ft up in the air along the Scaffold WITHOUT any Handrail at all.

Then gets the blokes working for him to jump down every other lift, flip the boards and proceeds to bomb/drop all the gear down.
Each bloke has about a 15ft catch.

But your on day work and there are about 3 Rope and Wheels on site...
No heroes on the job, no extra for getting it down any quicker.

Also, this is a site in the West End of London (a breeding ground for HSE inspections), not a job out in timbucktoo. :confused:
People walking about everywhere beneath you too.

Much wrong with this picture??
Or is this still an accepted way to work?

I personally think your asking to either get someone seriously hurt or the HSE are gonna bust your arse, should they turn up.

Answers on a postcard.

1, WAS IT A WEEKEND
2, THEY WERNTE ON MORE MONEY WERE THEY:laugh:

ive got a tear in my eye just thinking of it Jason,i can even hear the hovis tune in my head.
as already stated the man at the top is obviously getting a better deal and is there to push it on weve all seen it a hundred times and it will always be the there;)

Can't believe you still use rope & wheel down in the smoke, not used that for years, crane,forklift or scaff hoist is the way forward, lot of sites don't let you use rope & wheel & prefer you to pass gear hand to hand, erect away from ladder access & strip back to it.

Can't believe you still use rope & wheel down in the smoke, not used that for years, crane,forklift or scaff hoist is the way forward, lot of sites don't let you use rope & wheel & prefer you to pass gear hand to hand, erect away from ladder access & strip back to it.

The rope and wheel has turned many a boy into a man over the years.
Still I know what you mean old Ginny is still used on billion dollar mega projects all over the world.

As long as they got exclusion zone down below and everyone is competent shouldn't be a problem to an experienced gang.get the job down lively earn a nice few quid and get away.should leave single handrail but nothing wrong with dropping gear through the lifts.

As long as they got exclusion zone down below and everyone is competent shouldn't be a problem to an experienced gang.get the job down lively earn a nice few quid and get away.should leave single handrail but nothing wrong with dropping gear through the lifts.

Dropping gear would get people a plane ticket home on most of the jobs I have been on in the last 15 years.Even an accidental drop of a fitting, spanner or even a hard hat results in an investigation or sometimes even a full Tap Root despite exclusion zones etc being in place. Deliberate planned dropping of gear is not on these days.

See what i mean about you ,you talk a good game but when you gotta do some work and earn your money for a change it goes back to you cant do that blar blar blar your a w#@&er jason and its people like you that just f#%k the game up you lazy *******

See what i mean about you ,you talk a good game but when you gotta do some work and earn your money for a change it goes back to you cant do that blar blar blar your a w#@&er jason and its people like you that just f#%k the game up you lazy *******

Are they dropping gear on the London Bridge job l.m? Are they walking along scaffolds with no fall protection there mate? This is what this thread is about not personal dislike of other forum members.

Sounds like proper fkn cowboys :laugh: here was me thinking that even street scaffolders were familiarising themselves with all our current safe working practices but clearly not. We've all bombed in the past (working on the street that is) but nowadays it's completely unacceptable. there's possible jail sentences should anyone incur an injury and a guaranteed stretch if someone is killed. These lads wudnt last 2 mins in the industrial sector

I make you right have a spanner but cant believe how jason gives it all the biggon on here then works with a road work attitute but mind you hes good at playing hind and seek

These Lads Wouldnt Last Long In The Construction Sector Either Rick, Theres Always Someone Ready To Take Your Photo Nowadays Buddy. I Remember Going To A Building Site And Stripping a Two Storey House In Five Hours Because We Bombed The Lot, Certainly Couldnt Do It Now.

Its a game what you play as kids where you hide in this case jason to get out of doing any work then the foreman has to find him :)

Last edited:
Top Bottom