Punchings

never a foot maybe whan the rigger was at his prime ie during the brents construction in the 70s,6" is passible but in the offshore sector which i think andy is on the OCA guidelines are as close to the gravlock as possible

got that question in a trade test and tag man said up to a foot. That was at Torness.

OCA GUIDELINES STATE AS CLOSE TO THE NODE,as i beleive that the job andy is on is oil related he cant go wrong with those guidelines.
i have worked on nuclear,coal,oil refineries,gas terminals and offshore rigs barges etc,as well as major construction here and abroad so ihave A WEE INKLIKNG INTO THE GAME

You can download the oca guidance for scaffolding off their website. I did around 3 years ago when I needed to write a document for offshore. Got to admit it wasn't impressive. It may be updated now.

Get a design done andy

if not get the safety officer backing

then again he no nothing about scaffolding

pass the buck mate because if it goes tits up they will all not back you

Replace the underslung gravlock tube with a ladder beam then punch out further as long as you are coming off 4 gravs and 2 steels in my opinion.

If i was doing it, i would:

Throw a bridle off the 2nd ledger, while using the 1st standard to connect it, then add a few clips, tuck a double against the brace and the 4th standard... sleeve off the tranny under the 1st fleet of boards, add 2 gravloks and about a dozen swivels to the under-slung unit beam and brace it back using maybe 1 or 2, 8ft handrails and hey presto.

It should work a treat.

Top Bottom