PTS Re-new

mightymouse

Reaction score
Just rang up to book myself on the PTS course to renew my existing PTS Ticket, only to be told I have to sit the 3 day course again, because I have the green square on my ticket.
Is this right ?

I had a green square on mine as well mate, the company sponsoring me were able to send it away and get it took of my card so I didn't need to do the full 3 days, are you on a pts job just now?

Best ask them mate, they should be able to send away to get the green square took off

Had a word with my boss, he is gonna do it, he said they don't even need to send it away, they log on to their account, confirm I've had enough trackside experience and that's it, by doing that, it automatically generates a new card without the green square, happy days.
Trouble is now, I've already paid for my PTS 3 day course, hope they give me the difference back lol

---------- Post added at 05:47 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:46 PM ----------

So is my renew, 1 day or 2, not sure now

Think it all depends on wen u originally obtained ur pts..something 2do wiv grandfather rgts i had a 1day renewal

You don't get grand father rights with PTS mate.
They just brought out new rules, my original course was 2 days, it's now 3.
Re new was 1, it's now 2.

if you get your book stamped/signed 4 times from a COSS you should only need to do 2 day,

if no signatures its 3 days i'm afraid:cry:

the 3rd day or 2nd day resit is for the DC line

My book is filled,every single page, around 6 from 2012, 6 from 2013.
They said because I have the green square I need to do the 3 day course again.

Renewal is a 1 day course but they have now brought an extra day for the dc lines which is a one off so once you've done it once you don't have to do it again and renewal from then on will be 1 day

Top Bottom