PTS medical

One of our lads failed the PTS medical because he is partially deaf in one ear!

Would you fail a pts medical if you were colour blind?

Mike,

In this Policially correct world of equal opportunities you can't disciminate unreasonably on medical grounds.

However, you may be restricted from working on or near the railway.

See an extract of information from the Sentinel scheme for Network Rail:

"Medical fitness

You have to confirm that you are physically fit by passing an approved medical and obtaining a medical certificate.

Tell your sponsor if you have any condition which might affect your safety on
the track and update them if it changes. Depending on the condition, you
might not be allowed to go on or near the line alone. In this case your
Sentinel card will have a red triangle on it.

It’s important that you are able to see clearly when working on the railway so
if you need glasses or contact lenses make sure you wear them. If you don’t
have normal colour vision your Sentinel card will have a blue spot on it."

I hope that helps?

SH

My mate Geordie John who has a glass eye went for his medical, and was told that he couldn't have the medical as "You only have one eye" he replied instantly "No I haven't I've got a draw full of 'em at home"

My mate Geordie John who has a glass eye went for his medical, and was told that he couldn't have the medical as "You only have one eye" he replied instantly "No I haven't I've got a draw full of 'em at home"

Geordie John - Is he from Brighton?

SWIFTY,, where have you been swifted ? we were looking for you lastnight :)

yes i am learning, :) once you are away we all Miss you really. not joking,,

Thanks simian

I'll be honest I'm on agency and I'm doing the pts this w/end.

After that I'll be looking for work and will need a sponsor, my medical is two weeks old.

If I can't get a start for two month will I have wasted doing the course?

Does anyone know cod-eye George from chevron'08

Sorry Phil,I hold my head in shame:sad:

And so you should!

To be honest I'm struggling to reach 1000 posts and the only way I can achieve that is by making sarcastic comments....

Pts medical

Hello to all my fellow beer drinking someone elses wife/girlfriend shaggers new hear so just a hello i work for the best company out there DIXONS just done me pts medical passed so did my blind mate mike d off this weekend to do the course apparently they need a new fog horn for the front or the new underground at accrington stanly :)

Hello to all my fellow beer drinking someone elses wife/girlfriend shaggers new hear so just a hello i work for the best company out there DIXONS just done me pts medical passed so did my blind mate mike d off this weekend to do the course apparently they need a new fog horn for the front or the new underground at accrington stanly :)

Welcome Redi.

Top Bottom