Promoting?? Scaffolder to Supervisor, Supervisor to Manger, etc?

Do your job properly, safely and without slacking you'll get left alone by the Supervisor.
Dont do your job properly, work unsafely and take the **** and you'll fall out with your Supervisor...... No one needs to invent the wheel, just do what your paid to do...

Idiot,I will see you one day

---------- Post added at 05:23 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:22 PM ----------

I been site manager for a while Lee. Funny that. Everyone wants to be your mate.

False freindship my ole mate

Personally i prefer to allow the men in the ranks to better themselves in both pay & stature rather then bring in from outsource...not only do they know you the company & your men but more importantly your client base becuase lets face it they are the ones at the front end taking the flack from all sides & as an ambassador for the company i wouldnt make up any old tom **** or hary ....although seen as a natural progression for a scaffolder, unfortunitly not eveyone has the mind set or willing to do it & many after trying will decide the compromise they need to make between their so called mates & the managment team isnt worth the grief & goback to the spanner...but for the ones that due that first real managerial role opens many more doors to a career which is easier on ur body lol

You are all missing the point,you can be best mates ever,the moment the owner calls you over to one side to talk your friendship with your mates is over,I don't care if you believe me or not,I am telling you it's true

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Never again will I risk losing my mates to be a superviser,fcuk that

Personally i prefer to allow the men in the ranks to better themselves in both pay & stature rather then bring in from outsource...not only do they know you the company & your men but more importantly your client base becuase lets face it they are the ones at the front end taking the flack from all sides & as an ambassador for the company i wouldnt make up any old tom **** or hary ....although seen as a natural progression for a scaffolder, unfortunitly not eveyone has the mind set or willing to do it & many after trying will decide the compromise they need to make between their so called mates & the managment team isnt worth the grief & goback to the spanner...but for the ones that due that first real managerial role opens many more doors to a career which is easier on ur body lol

ya dont go to work to make friends you go to make money if you make firends on the way all good but just rember ya work mates wont pay your bills for been loyal if you take the hit for them

You are all missing the point,you can be best mates ever,the moment the owner calls you over to one side to talk your friendship with your mates is over,I don't care if you believe me or not,I am telling you it's true

---------- Post added at 06:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:22 PM ----------

Never again will I risk losing my mates to be a superviser,fcuk that

if they were matge they wouldnt put you in that circumstance taking libertys springs to mind. brother was a supervisor on a particular job and every 1 was going in late he told them all this . if you are less than 15 mins late you can come in more than 15 mins late your going home and ya can still come in on the weekend , if you dont bother coming in you aint getting the weekend work for that weekend .the next day security phoned him. we have your brother here its 20 past should i let him threw .... his response was send him home other brother wasnt late again

You find out who are your mates when you go in the office, if they don't like it they're probably not a mate.

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:30 PM ----------

Idiot,I will see you one day

Meaning?

I'm only guessing but I think he means you're an idiot and he will see you one day.

Only a guess like.

It's hard when you get made up as you lo

---------- Post added at 01:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:12 AM ----------

It's hard when you get made up as you can't help but give the hard jobs to guys you know can graft, and the lazy cnuts ( all firms got em) the easy jobs to make your life easier, although its not the way it should be. Maybe a supervisor from the outside is the way to go

Evening Scaffs.

I started on TRAD. Looooooonngg history, even loooooooooonger story...

Theres alot of hooah about TRAD here atm.
Fair play.
They have guts to come here to the lions den (where most simply dont have the balls to post under their real name and hide behind an alias)... only a few with either big balls or a think head do that.
Myself being one of those fools. ;)

Everyone is a Superhero, when posting under a fake name.
People forced to post their feelings under their true name and this Forum would be a VERY different place.
Pathetic, but sad and true.

Anyway, they mentioned that they routinely promote their Supervisors up, from their Scaffolders.
Is this a good thing??

Me?? I was brought to where i work because i did NOT know anyone here.
Reason being; if i aint got friends here, i cant show bias to anyone and treat everyone fair, from the off.

Pretty fair reasoning to me.

What do you guys think?
Is it the best practise to promote such a high percentage of your Supervisors straight from the tools??
Thanks Jason.

---------- Post added at 04:31 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:12 AM ----------

Last edited:
Top Bottom