Problem with hitli battery(s)/ charger

Sorry.:embarrest::D

sorry aom the thatchers has kicked in!! i meant the safe working load of a right angle coupler is 6.1 class a!!!!!!!!!!!! but should resist a slip of? 12.2 kn iam glad iam trainned as i wouldnt of know this :laugh::laugh:

I went to screwfix a few weeks ago to see if i had a retaining pin missing from my Makita btw251, however they had none in store to check up on. They gave me Makita customer care phone number, however rant was then gone,and mind on other things (as we do) ;)

---------- Post added at 08:57 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:50 PM ----------

Just added those 2 numbers to Makita direct products, Jack sh1t mate on the spare part front.

Try them on the droopla web site or which ever fekin web site we bought them off, I canny remember what day of the week it is.

How does it all work, stick the pin through and where and what does the ring do?

`O` ring sits in the groove/channel of socket and keeps the pin from falling out .... i suppose a socket with such a groove would be needed in the first place :bigsmile:

Oh, right. I think I do have a groove on the socket I have. What size are we going for Paddy?

Have you tried using a pin and rubber `O`ring on the Makitas - something similar here

STEL | Impact Socket Retaining Rings | Cembre | Geismar | Vessle | Bance

Seems good topscaff mate, if we had a original retaining pin. there again saying that, if Makita had field tested and Consulted, even though it is not a 'Fit for purpose' Scaffold tool. They should of identified the need, instead of a Pick'n'mix of attachments, referred from the Forum Scaffs, which in fact could be detrimental to the usage of the power tool.

SCCR are in Consultation with HILTI, Makita could lose out big style, for the simple reason that they think they are the "Dogs danglies"'.

The hilti does have a good retaining system but the batteries are rubbish and they don't stop as quick as the makita meaning a definite increase in the numbers of nuts and washers the labourer has to pick up at the end of the shift.:embarrest:

Oh, right. I think I do have a groove on the socket I have. What size are we going for Paddy?

My problem, 21mm exra long Draper 1/2 inch drive socket. Only one hole in the Socket, Bulky and Heavy, that was why i thought that skelatal socket might have worked better. Will post link tomoz, which i think will be more beneficial, regarding ergonomics,Battery durability, I.W. longevity, battery longevity, and Weight.

Think I have the same socket Paddy but as I said switched it for the hilti one which is smaller lighter and got the whole straight through, looks good with chicken wire holding it together.

Not sure but there is a hotel window missing some.;)

Thats the dirty washing aired in public, Nowt left in these Closets, maybe we should start a Product thread :wondering: Or is there already one.:embarrest:

You should see my new Jallatte Jalosbern best boots ever in my life.;)

haha very funny. I wish I had a camera as when we were erecting over a couple of flat roofs on this hotel we heard the sound of an engine revving it's head off then the screams of warning from some guy then this fekin car flew through a timber fence and landed from next doors garage and landed with some bang in the hotel grounds. The good thing is the reason we weren't working there was I wasn't 100% sure how to get round this fire escape without blocking it so I left it for a bit and when the driver came through the fence he ripped it clean of the wall. All things come to those that wait.;)

haha, there speaks the voice of experience if I ever heard it. You started it when you mentioned batteries.:noworry:

---------- Post added at 12:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:03 AM ----------

I bet there was some old wan k of a scaffolder sat in the back of the yard when some young buck came in with a recip saw and ripped him to bits for it, we never had it so you shouldn't need it.:cheesy:

A long story but I stole my wee mates socket off his hilti as it had the whole all the way through. He is a big kid and wasn't happy at loosing it and getting mine so he went on a bit of a charge to find a solution so he could get his own back. It turns out the Makita should have been supplied with a securing pin, he has been on to them pretending to be me and kicking up a stink. I have a couple of product numbers but I haven't checked if they were from Makita or Droopla but here they are anyway.

Part Number: 25603619 Or 21340517.

Mine is currently held on with a bit of chicken wire but my wee mate assures me he will have a solution direct from Makita next week.

thought this was explained months ago. the makita has a hole through the drive shaft and the socket also has a hole. the pin fits through the 2 holes and is held in place by a rubber ring. it wont come off till the pin snaps, which takes about 3/4 month.

---------- Post added at 09:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:39 AM ----------

I have 3 battery's for a hilti recip/ drill and have just had the charger swapped over, i know this charger works as it has just come from somebody else's job.

When I put a battery on, the fan comes on for about 3 seconds and then stops and doesn't charge. All the lights on the front of the battery stay on and there is power into the charger. If I remove the battery and replace it again it starts again.

I have 3 battery's here and I know for the life of me that they aren't all fuc.ked.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

batteries are too cold stick them on a radiator for 20 minutes

Naw, the sockets we have been using only have a whole on one side, as far as I can see only the hilti has a whole on both sides and they don't need it as they have a far better securing device on theirs. After a bit of digging it seems they were all meant to be supplied with the securing pin but again as far as I can tell the weren't, I know, clear as mud, right?

Top Bottom