Problem with hitli battery(s)/ charger

VancouverLeedsLondonBoy

Reaction score
I have 3 battery's for a hilti recip/ drill and have just had the charger swapped over, i know this charger works as it has just come from somebody else's job.

When I put a battery on, the fan comes on for about 3 seconds and then stops and doesn't charge. All the lights on the front of the battery stay on and there is power into the charger. If I remove the battery and replace it again it starts again.

I have 3 battery's here and I know for the life of me that they aren't all fuc.ked.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

Not really as I have had my hilti for about 8 years with no problem.

Is there a temperature issue, too hot/cold or is there an auto refresh function?

I've had all the lights stay on,on the battery's on my makita drill,meaning they were fecked:(

I had a charger last week and it did exactly the same so I swapped it in the yard and hey presto it's the same problem. All battery's we have work in chargers from drill or recip saw. It's p1ssing me off now!

Can't be that ALL 3 battery's are paggered, i'm not accepting that one.

I have 3 battery's for a hilti recip/ drill and have just had the charger swapped over, i know this charger works as it has just come from somebody else's job.

When I put a battery on, the fan comes on for about 3 seconds and then stops and doesn't charge. All the lights on the front of the battery stay on and there is power into the charger. If I remove the battery and replace it again it starts again.

I have 3 battery's here and I know for the life of me that they aren't all fuc.ked.

Can anyone shed any light on this?

wow wow wow vllb stop all this durecell sh!t!!! i no your a good ish!!!!! scaffolder:laugh:scaffy told me get your 50 pound of presure 7.16 spanner and spin it lol!!!!! cant see how ever a power charge up spanner would be the future:laugh:

Never Had Any Problem With Mine,And Iv Had Mine About Five Years,

Never Had Any Problem With Mine,And Iv Had Mine About Five Years,

i cant comment!!! as ive never used one!! yeah they may be fast but!! cant see how you get the pressure!!! jesus things are moveing forward:laugh: too fast for me and the olde school:laugh: scaffolder

I think VLLB was talking about a proper drill as opposed to an impact wrench but the principle is the same. Dico, try one you get too much pressure if you are not careful. The hilti one we have has quite a poor battery as I emptied one in an hour and a half of constant twirling on a strip where the makita will go for easy more than double that. The hilti has a better drive for keeping the socket on though as the makita one keeps falling off.

I think VLLB was talking about a proper drill as opposed to an impact wrench but the principle is the same. Dico, try one you get too much pressure if you are not careful. The hilti one we have has quite a poor battery as I emptied one in an hour and a half of constant twirling on a strip where the makita will go for easy more than double that. The hilti has a better drive for keeping the socket on though as the makita one keeps falling off.

is that a double or right hand coupler:laugh: 6.1 or `12.2 load bearing :laugh: too much thatchers cider tonight ive lost the plot just like the cisrs empire:laugh:

Dico, Im Talking About My Hilti Drill Mate, Not One Of Them New Fangled Cordless Spanners, Im Stuck Firmly In The 1960s Good Old Priory Bi Hex Mate.

You sir are indeed correct, a proper mans drill/ recip saw

Impact Wrench's are for pussys

haha, here we go again.:bigsmile:

Nawtherenaw.;)

Batteries left in the back of the Wagon?Van etc on winter nights = problems charging them. I know because i tried to charge mine today at work, after lying in my Car all night, it was Minus 6, when i got in it this morning. Charging lights and fan stopping and starting all the time.

You need to treat them like Women, Keep them nice and warm, make them feel secure, and if that doesnt work, get a younger newer Model.;)

I may have solved the problem of the falling socket Paddy, well not me but my wee mate.

every man for there own!!!! anything that makes a days scaffolding easier bring it on!!!! but i do wonder why orac fook off to australia!!! lol !!! batery powered tools what ever next!!!!ecitb tickets to cisrs tickets it will never happen lmfao!!!!

I may have solved the problem of the falling socket Paddy, well not me but my wee mate.

Hope so Mate, i am sick of whittling a plug, and then affixing a small screw, great for a while till the blowing action of the Tool causes stress to the insert, a bit of Duct tape round the socket eylet helps big style. However, i am all Ears for your solution mate.

Hope so Mate, i am sick of whittling a plug, and then affixing a small screw, great for a while till the blowing action of the Tool causes stress to the insert, a bit of Duct tape round the socket eylet helps big style. However, i am all Ears for your solution mate.

A long story but I stole my wee mates socket off his hilti as it had the whole all the way through. He is a big kid and wasn't happy at loosing it and getting mine so he went on a bit of a charge to find a solution so he could get his own back. It turns out the Makita should have been supplied with a securing pin, he has been on to them pretending to be me and kicking up a stink. I have a couple of product numbers but I haven't checked if they were from Makita or Droopla but here they are anyway.

Part Number: 25603619 Or 21340517.

Mine is currently held on with a bit of chicken wire but my wee mate assures me he will have a solution direct from Makita next week.

Top Bottom