Principles of a Shore

May be wrong but I don't think they do the flying shore anymore on the advanced as not many built on the sites now either. It's all steel system now but as SP's pictures prove there is still a demand for the smaller operator to produce these structures on the smaller sites.

ur spot on Al, they've stopped doin the flying on the course now and concentrate more on the 2 way and raking-( theres just not the demand for the knowledge anymore ,bit like boson chair work)- purley due to the amount of other systems that can be placed now - such as the maybe system you can see in the rear of the pic which we put in as a floor retention (goes right through back to front to stop the walls pinging outwards) but often used now in lieu of T&F but at the end of the day its about costs to the MC

Cash is and always will be King to these people which suits me SP as I feel that's where guy's like you and me have an advantage over some of the larger concerns. That's why I use a split with system and tube and fit to get the best of both.

never really felt the need to invest in system Al, T&F will always be our bread and butter - still after all these years of doin nuts and bolts up i still get a job in that kinda defies both gravity and the laws of physics lolo but after a bit of head scratchin anythings possible- did u ever do that one over the dodgy roofs you put the pic on here of

Worked for safeway in the states and shoring work is the norm over there,it's a system most use as bridges,multistorey carparks,buildings etc are mostly built using forms and concrete,it's a complete art in itself and some of the structures and amount of timber used has to be seen to be believed,will put on a few pics of jobs,my main reason for putting this thread on was this,I understand if the weight being held goes straight through the job,wall to wall or support to floor but turning the transfer through 90degrees from say wall to floor,how does the job not move or Swl slip not come into effect,all shoring I've used in the USA was bolted or hinged welded,it's something I believe if you understand how the weight is pulled through on a shore you can work most jobs in scaffolding out after,thanks:bigsmile:

shores work in many differnt ways my friend in the fling shore pic what isnt shown it to the right over the otherside of the wall in exactly the same place sharing the same timbers which are bolted togeter through the wall - the other sides are actual buildings- when they remove all the internal wall the fear is the walls would collapse inwards so the shores are that to stop that happen -all they really do is take the place of the internal walls any force is transfered though the shore to the opposite wall

never really felt the need to invest in system Al, T&F will always be our bread and butter - still after all these years of doin nuts and bolts up i still get a job in that kinda defies both gravity and the laws of physics lolo but after a bit of head scratchin anythings possible- did u ever do that one over the dodgy roofs you put the pic on here of

Yeah we are all different with different work loads and customer demands but I really went for it as there is no real comparison for speed of erect on the new build's which accounted for most of our work at a time. Two hotel refurb's we did last year were a great case in point, when I told the client I saw the first as a system job as it was a fairly basic re roof and render job all but square but did have a couple of bay windows on the front. they quizzed and quizzed until I managed to explain to them how I was going to get round these bay windows, they had obviously been shafted by some other system user who just threw boards on the angle to get round obstacles in the past. The second was different, on the street, turrets, low level obstacles and elevation changes, pavement lifts and narrow gauge which to me screamed tube and fit all day long. I feel I was right on both occasions as they were both a complete success but have priced a job in the past for tube only to loose it to a system user but that's life and doesn't bother me.

We did do that job, no pictures yet for 2 reasons, 1st the batteries let me down in the camera and 2nd it's not the tidiest job I have seen but it is doing the job.

Only ever done shores on the advanced course many moons ago. In the streets of Aberdeen years ago there used to be loads of shores you could see. Mostly all were built by the Aberdeen --- Mastrick, Northfield, Sheddocksley mafia. Probably Garry worked on some of them.

Yeah we are all different with different work loads and customer demands but I really went for it as there is no real comparison for speed of erect on the new build's which accounted for most of our work at a time. Two hotel refurb's we did last year were a great case in point, when I told the client I saw the first as a system job as it was a fairly basic re roof and render job all but square but did have a couple of bay windows on the front. they quizzed and quizzed until I managed to explain to them how I was going to get round these bay windows, they had obviously been shafted by some other system user who just threw boards on the angle to get round obstacles in the past. The second was different, on the street, turrets, low level obstacles and elevation changes, pavement lifts and narrow gauge which to me screamed tube and fit all day long. I feel I was right on both occasions as they were both a complete success but have priced a job in the past for tube only to loose it to a system user but that's life and doesn't bother me.

We did do that job, no pictures yet for 2 reasons, 1st the batteries let me down in the camera and 2nd it's not the tidiest job I have seen but it is doing the job.

slasher,lol.

haha, knew I would get ripped for that one. It's not a bad job just not as pretty as it's meant to be.:amuse:

is this job job with band and plate on the wall and if so were are the pics

Yes it is. I had no real intention of posting pictures as it is not as tidy as I had hoped but strong as.

FFS, I am back in the town tomorrow to play golf and will get some pictures and post them then but as I said not up to our usual standard.

dont do it Al, u'll only regret it when the knowitalls rip it to pieces lolol

haha, feck em. It's not a bad job, hse would pass it but a couple of basic errors were made. I bought a new drill for it too, the hilti te7 which is a beast and they still didn't fix it as well as they could have but that's life. It's been up a while now so hope it's still in 1 piece.:wondering:

No bother Scaff, honestly it's not that bad just not how I imagined it but it's an OK job. We settle for the odd OK job now and again, we can't all be Jason now can we.:D

an ok job. our best jobs are of an ok standard lol saying that wed out up a real tidy job the other day and gaffer still managed to rip it to bit capped the fittings on gantry instead of armadillow .....only shag with the cock ya got lol

Never easy trying to appease trying to appease the gaffer

Top Bottom