prices

shadow21

Reaction score
just started on a new firm bout 2 weks ago and have been working for £21 sq which i think is takin the piss or is this the going rate as i have always worked on meter runs work is in london

Depends on what sort of work you are doing , £21 a square sounds about right if you can get a Decent lump , but if your running from job to job for 20 x 30 then it is crap.
Whos the work for in London ?

yer they give us a block of flats but compared to wat i earned on meter run on my old firm compared to the hours and its a lot more physical not that i mind i just dont see it reflected in the price

yer £4 UP £2 down either 1.5 meter or 2m lifts easy enough to earn ur money apart from the step slowed it down a bit

How many in your gang shadow ? we always worked 2 or 3 handed max 2 fixers and a labourer means you would need at least 18 square a day every day , means you gotta earn it on the low stuff to break even on the high stuff , price work on the street has always been hard graft mate , i done it for years :(

just think its a lot of hassle for £21 considering i worked for the same firm 18 months ago and it was £ 25 --£26 sq

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

5 man gang x 3 fixers 2 laboures

true but alot quicker to chain gear than rope it i find and thats if theres enough gear on the lorry for a full days graft

---------- Post added at 07:28 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:15 PM ----------

seems that thats the going rate then

3m along and 3m high (10x10ft ) is a square mate , london thing

what is a meter run ? i under stand square but not meter run lol
how much would this earn you 1x 8 ft lift @60ft long front and back by 40ft gables (thats externall mesurments) (4sides of a bungalow) what price on square or meter would you earn on the avrage meterage and square?

just think its a lot of hassle for £21 considering i worked for the same firm 18 months ago and it was £ 25 --£26 sq

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:02 PM ----------

Your gangs to big mate , 2 or 3 handed is plenty to cover most jobs we used to do minimum 18 square a day and often over 20 . what you need is a decent young strong labourer to rope you up gear 2 handed , you only have to cover 12 square day for good days wages , 12 x 21 = £252 give the labourer £80 and you have £172 , thats the way we always worked it , i think you have to much money to cover mate.

64m run x £4 =

agree with phillios tho to many mouths to feed for that doller

what is a meter run ? i under stand square but not meter run lol
how much would this earn you 1x 8 ft lift @60ft long front and back by 40ft gables (thats externall mesurments) (4sides of a bungalow) what price on square or meter would you earn on the avrage meterage and square?

You want it on a meter run if your doing brickies lifts , but if your doing say roofers work where you only need the top lift boarded and you can slap up high lifts then you want it on squares 4 high lifts to 4 square high ;)

scaffy;186940[COLOR="Red" said:
]64m run x £4[/COLOR] =

agree with phillios tho to many mouths to feed for that doller

that for me scaffy if so how do you get 64m run i dont inderstand it lol

20mx12mx20mx12m =64m if was 2 lifts high then would be 128m , 3 lifts then 192m

Generally a run would be any lift run in up to 2.1m high x xyz length marra !!!

So 5 lifts x 10m would be 50 m mate x £4 = £200

Down this end the rate increases as u get higher then 4 lifts

However everyone different on prices

And if that was for roofers only it would be 9 square x £21 a square = £188 but only 3 lifts high
instead of 5 x 2.1 meter lifts so £12 less but 2 lifts less :D

If you seperate your gang and make 2 groups, Id gladly labour for you if your in my area :D

Cant knock a guy for trying... still

Top Bottom