priced my first job !

Dave i still use squareage to price and if i was asked to price this it would come to £1800 plus vat , that would be tube and fitting and in London , average is around £80 a square for small work ( not sites or bigger work ) 3M squared should come to around the £80 mark depending on what your doing and how akward the job is , distance from the yard , hire period and if there is likley to be more work of the same customer these are all factors to take into account when coming to a price , like the lads say getting payed is the biggest part of running any business and cash flow is King , trouble is when you go on your own there is so much to do and pay for its very easy to have more going out then you got coming in , that is why ba lot of lads do there own thing at weekends to begin with, maybe you could sub yourself out to a bigger company on a price basis taking on one job at a time , it will help to keep a wage coming in when you aint got nothing of your own to do. I still do a bit of labour only if i aint got anything for the lads just to keep them from jacking .

It is hard work mate with very little rewards at times but i wish you the best of luck with it and if you need any help or advice feel free to PM :)

No quick answer I'm afraid Davie, but like most others on here think you have overpriced on this one, It all depends on your overheads, rent , electric, vehicles
wages, insurance the list goes on and on and on and on.
We price on linear metre and back in the recession was as low as £12.00 per metre. No Profit in that just keeping lads in work, but that may suit you as your overheads I'm guessing will be a lot lower than ours. Still depending on the job
we can get between £16.00 to £30.00 + per metre, wish it was my firm :)
You need to work out your monthly costs and start there at the beginning.
Another way is to work out your labour to erect and strip then times it by a percentage to cover costs etc. If you do both of the above the figure should be the same or there abouts. Good luck

Another really good post Alistair mate.
This Forum would NOT be the same without you mate.

I really mean that.

Thanks Jason, mostly just bull but the wee snippets I have gleaned and more than willing to share did not come about because I'm clever or anything it's because I have made these mistakes many times in the past and never really learned from them until they started costing me cash. Never proclaimed to be anything other than a scaff but as with most others it's the hardest knocks that teaches you the most.

Hope you find the e-mails useful Davie but if not you can always bin them. As I said if you have any specific request and I have it you will get it.

Any word on any of your jobs yet?

thank you every one for the replys and help. prices are in so have to wait and see and it wasint what I started with lol abit off wishfull thinkin i think or just not knowing how cheers all

Top Bottom