priced my first job !

DAV1E

Reaction score
i am just starting up on my own me and a labourer and have went and priced my first job.i haven't had much experience with doing so were better to ask eh! do yous think i am on the right track with this price £2600.the job is just a house nothing in the way nice and flat two runs at 7m x 13m top lift boarded and a tower at 10m x 2.5 just top boarded 15 min away from my yard :wondering:eek:h it will be kwickstage i know its sht but thay want it lol

Last edited:
not sure what a happy price is lol need to get some of the other companie prices

Lol,its called competition mate,as long as you earn what your happy with,thats all that counts. Theres a few lads will give you a bit of advice. There have been other threads on pricing,but cant remember what theyre called. Hopefully,clients will need it longer and you can earn hireage.

seen some of the ones about pricing on here more or less what i have done a think its just knowing were the balance is

i am just starting up on my own me and a labourer and have went and priced my first job.i haven't had much experience with doing so were better to ask eh! do yous think i am on the right track with this price £2600.the job is just a house nothing in the way nice and flat two runs at 7m x 13m top lift boarded and a tower at 10m x 2.5 just top boarded 15 min away from my yard :wondering:eek:h it will be kwickstage i know its sht but thay want it lol

Nice mate.
I hope you make it... so many have tried and not succeeded.
To be fair, all you need is a bit of luck and the right contacts.

Just dont forget your roots, when your filthy stinking minted and rich as f.uck! Lol, remember the Scaffolders you employ was in your boat once. :)

think your on the high side there dave think more round the £1400 mark . but good luck with it anyway :)

cheers m8 worth a go a think! been er thinking the boss is a cck sa wouldint want tae be him lol

---------- Post added at 08:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:31 PM ----------

a got my math way off then ?

---------- Post added at 08:37 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:33 PM ----------

how do you do your pricing if you dont mind me asking to see were i went bad cheere

It depends on a few things Dave as to how you price any job , how did you arrive at £2600 did you base it on a meter run ?

One thing i will say Dave mate - is that you've come to the right place to ask for advice.
Theres some really really good Scaffolders here, who know more then ive ever thought of learning.

*As you can tell, im getting drunk now!!

Its a shame that more Scaffolders didnt join this Forum yanno, as if we was to stick together more, we'd be not only better paid, but better respected as a trade also.

Maybe one day... maybe. ;)

One thing i will say is, advertise, advertise, advertise.
Get yourself on Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn and such and you'll have access to hundreds and thousands of people who can help you and give you work. :)

Thats what im trying to do and its so far working well...
Its all about contacts.

Davie one thing i will say pal from my experience, is get your self a website. Once you get this set up get some one to SEO ( search engine optimise) it. If you know how the google searches work you'll understand the higher up the search result you can get the better. Loads of people these days search for everything on the internet, sounds harsh but some people are that lazy they'll go with the first company that they find on the internet, hence the reason to boost your search results. Might cost a bit but it's well worth it. The amount of enquires we get through the website is unbelievable and have picked up some good jobs and contacts, that would have otherwise be well out of our league. It's all about getting your foot through the door and showing what you can do............................. well that and being keen with thee prices!!

As Phillo says a bit on the expensive side but if they're willing to pay you've got a right result there DAV1E, if you are competing against another outfit maybe you should consider dropping your price.

thats what i am just lookin at web stuff the now. scaffolldings easy getting the business running going well and pricing trying to find my feet here lol

---------- Post added at 09:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:29 PM ----------

not givin them it yet so thats why not sure dont want to look like a dk goin in far to high

---------- Post added at 09:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:32 PM ----------

how do you guys work it oot if you dont mind my asking

We've not been trading for that long, so i know that you need to put everything you can back into kit, but spend as much as you can spare on the website. I know it's a feckin cliche but first impressions make a lasting impact from what i've found. Honestly pal our website has drummed up some right business.

i have six jobs to go and price so realy need to get my pricing in order lol think i will c about settin up one in the nxt few day cheers

the only advise i can give you is dont try and take eveything on just cos its work......once you've got ur price from your meterage work it all backwards ... labour up and down,fuel and delivery time,+sundries.once the client trys to knock you down you'll be amazed at how little profit margin you have left,these are the ones to let go-rather leave your gear in the rack than work for a loss..........good luck

ps forgot to mention dont forget to deduct 20% for the tax man

Last edited:
Davie,

I'm really sorry for not getting back to you but time in the office is at a premium lately but I won't bore you with the details but I promise to make good with the paper work I mentioned.

This side of the Clyde would mean you would be too dear but use it as a guide to help you find your level. Some of these smaller jobs are good payers as the big boys have so many over heads it's not worth mobilising the troops for so it does depend on who you are pricing against and even who the client is. If it's jelly I would say it's 2 easy days work at best and could be done in a big shift if you were that way minded but to be honest it's not worth breaking your back for.

Let us know how you get on but I would be surprised if you were to win this one unless they are not intending to pay you. Which reminds me, never put your nose so close to the grind stone you don't see the non payers coming.

Another really good post Alistair mate.
This Forum would NOT be the same without you mate.

I really mean that.

still cant find my feet with this naw wanting to rip eny one off just dont know a gd method yit eny info on a good one ? this is the part you dont get shown when your a scaff lol cheers alistair any info would be great

---------- Post added at 07:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

linear meter is this 26m @ £17 or wit you want to price =£442 x 3lifts=£1326 ? is this better pricing ?

Top Bottom