price work

marra watson

Reaction score
i know av asked this b4 and seem to be a north south divide but whats the diffrence between working in square and meter run which are you best of working and for what type of job? and has any 1 worked price were you get lets say £1 per 3 standard £1 per flight of boards ??

All metre square up here marra as far as I ever knew, might be different in the city but never did the linear thing.

i have worked to meters before.. would rather not ever again..

meter square? meter run times meter up ? how does price work affect un boarded lifts ? still same rate ?

It was always an all in price per metre square as in length X height, eg 10m long X 8m high is 80 square metre. The price would differ if it was fully boarded or not and degree of difficulty eg carry.

It was always an all in price per metre square as in length X height, eg 10m long X 8m high is 80 square metre. The price would differ if it was fully boarded or not and degree of difficulty eg carry.

any idea what the price is between boarded and un boarded lifts on the spanners ?

To be honest today would be the same as they are all boarded at some point, I really don't think they take much longer now. I tried to fully board that spire job on my album as I reckoned we would probably be even quicker if we could have them all boarded, the only reason we didn't is the designer wouldn't let us.

To be honest today would be the same as they are all boarded at some point, I really don't think they take much longer now. I tried to fully board that spire job on my album as I reckoned we would probably be even quicker if we could have them all boarded, the only reason we didn't is the designer wouldn't let us.

would of been quicker if i was there, put up 19 sq i think to day kicker and 2 9 flights is that 19 sq? worked it out at around £200 after the loss of labs wage lol dont know why i torment me sell wid it lol every jo i do i comape it to what ad earn on price :mad:

Ahh, the penny finally drops. Don't torture yourself, unless you can work out the days when you wouldn't earn the gaffer anything.

Either that or buy a bit of gear and do it yourself.

Ahh, the penny finally drops. Don't torture yourself, unless you can work out the days when you wouldn't earn the gaffer anything.

Either that or buy a bit of gear and do it yourself.

there hasnt been a day in last few months since working it out in price that i havent coverd my wages at least twice over if it was to be on price no matter what the job was and thats with out loading and unloading lol i tw@t my own heed in some times the lads just laff

Are you sure you have the right figures for your area?

lol fek know no 1 really does price up here thers no selfemployed scaffs rouind here ither

You are obviously covering more than your wages but there is quite a bit of things to bear in mind before you can compare the price, eh like the price your gaffer is charging. I don't doubt you are doing more than your fair share, but even the gear you are using and how it is delivered to your job affects the price. If it's bugging you marra go and speak to the gaffer, maybe he will up your rate if you are that busy everyday. I know you are waiting on your assessment but worth a try.

You are obviously covering more than your wages but there is quite a bit of things to bear in mind before you can compare the price, eh like the price your gaffer is charging. I don't doubt you are doing more than your fair share, but even the gear you are using and how it is delivered to your job affects the price. If it's bugging you marra go and speak to the gaffer, maybe he will up your rate if you are that busy everyday. I know you are waiting on your assessment but worth a try.

aye know what ya saying marra might be doing it for next to nothing i was thinking more alongs the lines of if i was eles were in the county this would of earned me x amount and this x mount

If you were in other parts of the country your rent or mortgage would have cost you this much and that much also. I wouldn't get too tied up in head fcuks like that too often you will never settle and the old adage about the grass being always greener still holds water. You are getting what you are getting, as that's the going rate for where you live.

That been said, you are young and pulling off miracles every day takes it's toll, you only have so many years in you at that level, if you are going to move better sooner than later whilst you still can.

If you were in other parts of the country your rent or mortgage would have cost you this much and that much also. I wouldn't get too tied up in head fcuks like that too often you will never settle and the old adage about the grass being always greener still holds water. You are getting what you are getting, as that's the going rate for where you live.

That been said, you are young and pulling off miracles every day takes it's toll, you only have so many years in you at that level, if you are going to move better sooner than later whilst you still can.

this grass is
earth_long_dead_grass_6262973.JPG

lol she can earn upto £30 ph agencey and mones betrter down country or up working for aom lol nar but dont see why should kick me cant in for even £10.50 when i know ad earn more on the price or eles wear in the county with half the sh1t lol assesment not far away and after that am not arsed were am working as long as am grafting

aye know what ya saying marra might be doing it for next to nothing i was thinking more alongs the lines of if i was eles were in the county this would of earned me x amount and this x mount

right aom,the grass is always greener.Shouda stayed in plumbing me old marra.

right aom,the grass is always greener.Shouda stayed in plumbing me old marra.

ahaha would love to go back to it as a hobbie rather than work enjoy the crack in scaffolding great times and can earn you some coin but not here theres fek all about coin wise

The thing is if the feet are getting itchy it's hard to ignore and usually nothing can divert a man from his own course of action.

I wouldn't want to sway you one way or another marra but gypsy al see's travel in your future fairly soon.

---------- Post added at 11:20 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:18 PM ----------

ahaha would love to go back to it as a hobbie rather than work enjoy the crack in scaffolding great times and can earn you some coin but not here theres fek all about coin wise

A balance marra, coin aint everything. All kidding aside, you think I am speaking as a gaffer but it's more experience.

Top Bottom