presco or drop forge ??

over this side of the water we used to dip the clips in old diesel ,, untill health and safety stopped it ,, my reasoning was , we have to wear gloves anyway , no big deal . and by the way when i first started the only gloves you were lucky enough to get where the rubber oil resistant gloves that took the skin off your hands in winter , well before these rubber luxury gloves ya get nowdays ;];)

over this side of the water we used to dip the clips in old diesel ,, untill health and safety stopped it ,, my reasoning was , we have to wear gloves anyway , no big deal . and by the way when i first started the only gloves you were lucky enough to get where the rubber oil resistant gloves that took the skin off your hands in winter , well before these rubber luxury gloves ya get nowdays ;];)

ya mean them fukers ya crnt grab a hold of out wid lol

THATS THE ONES SCAFF LOL ;]:laugh:

---------- Post added at 10:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:26 PM ----------

slippy tits lol :weird:

fek all rong wid ready locks marra rapid lol , dropped forge a smother fitting for me the pressed and only put stickies on end of tube never in middle and a night mare to slid tube threw arghh job looks better when only 1 fitting typed use if i can i get droppforged doubbles and press swivs as dropped seem to snag and have to snap them back,

What the ****? :confused:

wot u prefer scaffs ??? or are u a believer in the old boys sayin "a good scaff will use anything" .... (loves a debate on the old ways and new ways ov scaffolding) :nuts::nuts::nuts:

Presco - superior in every way. They are also more adaptable and have several uses, like: pinching thin steel, tying down overlapping Toeboards, gripping onto thinner width tubes and such, besides using as a hook to hang your Harness at Breakfast time (which all a Boulton/Sticky Willys are good for).

Drop forge are ok, but more and more im coming across careless Scaffs who dont pay attention when doing them up and leave the 't-piece' at the back of the bolt on the piss... a BIG fail in its design if you ask me.
Although... those cheap Indian made Presco's are a bit dodgy.

Mills Doubles All The Way For Me Gents, Although I Do Like Band And Plate As Well .

I like the old stickies, the new ones are p1sh, the prescos ive got 30,000 of them here, there ok but with the salty atmosphere here they rust pretty quick, months infact..

fek all rong wid ready locks marra rapid lol , dropped forge a smother fitting for me the pressed and only put stickies on end of tube never in middle and a night mare to slid tube threw arghh job looks better when only 1 fitting typed use if i can i get droppforged doubbles and press swivs as dropped seem to snag and have to snap them back,

What the ****? :confused:

It says.....

There is f*ck all wrong with ready locks marra as they are rapid! Drop forge are a smoother fitting for me than the pressed, and I'll only put stickies on end of tube never in middle. And they are a nightmare to slide along a tube! arghh!

Job looks better when only 1 fitting typed is used, if I can I get drop forged doubles and press swivels as dropped seem to snag and have to snap them back

Drop forged for me,but i do like b&p and mills's and ready locks,just seems that a lot of scaffs nowadays can only use one type,whatever it is that they've been brought up on:amazed:

It says.....

There is f*ck all wrong with ready locks marra as they are rapid! Drop forge are a smoother fitting for me than the pressed, and I'll only put stickies on end of tube never in middle. And they are a nightmare to slide along a tube! arghh!

Job looks better when only 1 fitting typed is used, if I can I get drop forged doubles and press swivels as dropped seem to snag and have to snap them back

thats just what i said :eek: lol

Top Bottom