presco or drop forge ??

Jamesybaa

Reaction score
wot u prefer scaffs ??? or are u a believer in the old boys sayin "a good scaff will use anything" .... (loves a debate on the old ways and new ways ov scaffolding) :nuts::nuts::nuts:

I prefer Drop forged , but presco are ok , was taught on band and plate and will always have soft spot for them , so whatevers on the lorry as long as it aint readylocks

What ever is on the truck as long as it's not drop forged, never liked them even if they were well serviced. Still hate to see a mixed job, there are plenty about.

Mills doubles anyday.
I do agree with Phill though the band and plate will never be beaten.

I'll use anything except stickys which I despise with a passion. Think I'd prefer drop forge on anything really important because of its extra toughness :)

Mills doubles anyday.
I do agree with Phill though the band and plate will never be beaten.[/Q

not sure if i know a mills fitting ?? and neva used the band & plate we use em for ties thats about it think i dun a job at collage wiv b&p's many years ago... !!:huh:

The band and plate is the most universal fitting ever designed for scaffolding. You can build a complete job just using these it. It does everything except fastens the toeboards.

i jus google them mills fittings i used them wen i dun my part1...did not like them one bit but i spose its wot ya used too... the band and plates av always been the choice ov the old school boys but i neva had the pleasure ov usin em....!! **** them stickies thou lads lol

Band n plate good fittin as long as thumb screw works cant beat parmers litle giants

Whenever the old yard guy got the fittings sorted he knew not to put any stickies in there, we used to do a lot of alloy edge protection and they don't mix..

Drop forge any day.... Back in the day the labourer knew if a stickie came up in the bucket it would be heading back towards him at a rate of knots...

Presco's for speed, drop forged for the quality and Boultons stickies for loading bays! Mills doubles on truss outs or drops!

I'm not fussy!

I prefer Drop forged , but presco are ok , was taught on band and plate and will always have soft spot for them , so whatevers on the lorry as long as it aint readylocks

fek all rong wid ready locks marra rapid lol , dropped forge a smother fitting for me the pressed and only put stickies on end of tube never in middle and a night mare to slid tube threw arghh job looks better when only 1 fitting typed use if i can i get droppforged doubbles and press swivs as dropped seem to snag and have to snap them back,

anything thats serviced!!!!!!!

using a load of dry fittings at the mo and my wrist is feeling it

Top Bottom