Presco Fittings

T.ANIMAL

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me why Carillion won't allow these fittings on any of there sites, please.

A few years ago was on a job with cheap presco knockoffs from india.
Looked the same, but used to snap along the weld of the ball/bolt section when tightened up too much.

Old presco had a t piece attaching the bolt to the fitting.
New presco has ball joint attaching the bolt to the fitting, likeliness to snap eh?

Maybe the reason?

I think Lyndon influenced Carillion on which fittings and also which type of scaffold tube they would prefere to be used by their scaffold sub contractors

Neil

It is also the case that if you are the preffered bidder tendering for a job stipulations like this can put you in a very good position , so if your mates a project manager and you want the job tell him to stipulate a few ubsurdities and your in , lets face it the chinese or indians will copy anything to make a buck , not just prescos .

The gates score the tube if over tightend thus resulting in a damaged tube, this was from one of carillons engineer/knobhead a few years ago when I asked him the question

If I'm correct it's only for load bearing fittings, clips are ok with a pressed steel gate. It's been a few years since I've been on a carillon site so it's probably changed

And of course the the bolt on a band and plate never dented the tube if over tightened, me thinks like HCWT says if they conform to EN regs then there shouldnt be a problem

You would of thought phil
But the big boys have the own rule book which is very......adaptable as and when

As long as that fitting has a bsen no on it then it geos on my job, until proven other wise i will keep using them.

there dog **** any how, only like using the swivels dont have to snap the bolt back see but as a double crnt beet ye old drop dobble

The worst doubles are the 'sticky' ones, if you know what I mean.

Ahh now that i'll agree with, but i must admit i use them for checkers on loading bays and canterlevers...

now stickies are dog w@nk. would rather not use them at all only good for weighing in :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

few presco fittings wont break the bank martins minted lol!!! hes got most our work these days lol!!

pressys are fooking shizzer... if you have nippers on your firm, keep them away from them... slide like a whores draws... worst fitting, i even prefer stickies over them..

some contractors even ban all pressed fittings, drops only.

Presco fittings themselves are OK.
Prefer them to the Boulton stickies, but in an earlier posting, its mainly the cheap Presco-type imports that give them a worse name than they deserve.
I have had my share of them slipping like longun states and those that dont make the standard, should be banned nationally.
Cheap buying could lead to serious injury or worse, loss of life!

cheap imports are now proving their worth

i was in the Middle East doing work for a BIG DRILLING OUTFIT who have banned all CHINESE AND INDIAN products as they cannot trust the QA PAPERWORK
This has also been the case in Scaffold Collapses in America.
I am glad as it may well bring back some manufacturing work to the UK
AS FOR FITTINGS STICKIES ALL THE WAY,OR MILLS IF SUPPORT JOB THEN THE GB MARK3A;)

Can anyone remember them heavy duty doubles mark 3 I think there called, they had them on sgb (only time I've ever seen them) the gate always dropped with em

Forget this post just read happy one above lol

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

I've used Chinese layher before bit lighter but the braces didn't match

Can anyone remember them heavy duty doubles mark 3 I think there called, they had them on sgb (only time I've ever seen them) the gate always dropped with em

Forget this post just read happy one above lol

---------- Post added at 11:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 PM ----------

I've used Chinese layher before bit lighter but the braces didn't match

drop gate allways get flung in a feild marra

Top Bottom