Powerclad sheeting (Vented)

I have just had a look at apollo scaffolding's website and they state that only elastic Power ties to be used for installing Powerclad VS or VSFR

http://www.apollo-scaffolding.com/pdf/SHEETING.pdf

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Now I'm totally confused, we installed Monarflex Airflow on a high rise block of flats, the drawing stated fixing at 500mm intervals with zip ties:worried:

It just seems strange that no holes in hem to knit it together.
Zip tie every inch:eek: the job is about 80m by 8 lifts. (only 4 to be sheeted)
Could be a fun day for me tomorrow.
I'll call ITP in the morning as well.

Just seems strange not to have holes in it to knit together.
The job is 80m by 8 lifts so it would be alot of zip ties at every inch.

It seems a pain to have to cut/punch holes in the hem.

Just hook it on the double bolts on the inside of the lift , it will be fine trust me its how we used to hang mono on price in the 80s , was great earner come to think of it ;)

You use the black nylon stitching that are approx 500ml centres. I used it a few years back on a powerstation in Scotland that was exposed to the elements. Originally we stitched the sheets together using cable ties an inch apart, and bungee toggles to the closest tube, but after bad weather and very high winds, the sheeting came away. Bungee toggles had snapped and the nylon tethers had ripped. We re-sheeted but this time laced a ledger at every line of ties every 500ml to fasten directly to also a ledger where the sheets joined cabletied every inch! Rather extreme but it did stay on!

On this post

I did a Haki roof course around 15 years ago now and they gave us a knife that was just the job for punching holes in sheeting. Hard to explain what it was like, but if you imagine the blade had a trio of edges on and came to a point at the end.

I don't still have it!!

Anyone else come across these?

Is this you Collo???

dep_3485199-Mad-butcher.jpg

;)

C:\Users\darren\Pictures\2011-04-17
[/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG][/IMG] we done this office block with powerclad and have done others with same sheeting, always used zip ties and the zip tie goes through the strengthed line of sheeting, hole put in with craft knife, and next roll down or up is in the same line of holes. Its not a quick job to do but it looks a good job,this was the second time we sheeted this, it was done with monoflex first but this blew off because the demolition contractor took all the windows out every floor before we were at the top. Before any body asks about advanced handrail on the 10' lifts we used alluminium tube punched of the lifts below with 12' punchons and it worked well, it was right next to the tyne bridge done in march 2011.if the pictures havent copied its the one on my profile

i have a job coming up, its for blasting and painting, on th outside of the job im going to use monarflex, what sheeting is best to use to cover the boards so nothing can fall through when blasting? it has to stop all the blasting granuals from going into the sea.

i used some sheeting before but i forgot the name of it. any help would be great, thanks.

aye aom should be doubble boarded board sheeted boarded feking horrible to stripp if its pi55ed in

hiya mate, i agree sheeted boards are a ball ache, sheeted boards with piss on are worselol
its what the client has asked for though, monar flex would get damaged with foot traffic, im after something that can be walked on and stop the crap from falling off the job through the boards,

the job will be single boarded, the boards here are hard wood 11'' wide and weigh 36 kgs @ 4 meters,

Mmm, not sure about that then. When double boarded usually any old plastic sheeting would suffice but if it's to be walked on I suppose it would depend on how stringent they are about keeping it all out the sea or is a bit of loss expected? I would hate to think what the spec would be if that was in UK waters.

Top Bottom