Powerclad sheeting (Vented)

Reaction score
Hi all

Just had some powerclad vented arrive and wondered whats the best way to fit it as it has no holes.
Only ever used normal monarflex and ive been doing scaffolding for 20 years and never had to use vented before.
Hope you can help.

Dean

Powerclad Vented Sheeting

Effective weather protection and containment system
Improves working environment and site safety
Closely woven mesh to provide good ventilation
Excellent low-temperature characteristics

Incorporates reinforced hems for fastening to scaffold structure

From their web site.

Last edited:
Closely woven mesh to provide good ventilation - Those that mean that its a Waterproof type of Debris Netting???

This company does it: ITP Ltd.

It looks different to anything ive seen also, tbh.

It is probably very similar to Airflow.

Last edited:
It does have a material band but very strong and not very easy to get bungies in.
Plus it's only about 2" wide so not a very good overlap.
I did think of rolling it and zip tieing it for over lap.
I'm using vented (airflow) as it's very exposed and gets the weather from all directions.

---------- Post added at 06:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:06 PM ----------

Closely woven mesh to provide good ventilation - Those that mean that its a Waterproof type of Debris Netting???

This company does it: ITP Ltd.

It looks different to anything ive seen also, tbh.

I've contacted ITP and registered with them and waiting for reply from them about fitting.
Wanted to fit it tomorrow.

Id have thought that Zip-Tying it might cause stress on the loading capability of the Scaffold that it aint designed to take.

Me? Id never Zip-Tie Monoflex Sheeting to a Scaffold, as it wouldn't fancy Striking it, when i collapsed, lol.

Id have thought that Zip-Tying it might cause stress on the loading capability of the Scaffold that it aint designed to take.

Me? Id never Zip-Tie Monoflex Sheeting to a Scaffold, as it wouldn't fancy Striking it, when i collapsed, lol.

It is designed to be used with zip ties. The hem breaks before the zip tie.

I've never used zip ties either.
It's quite a big roof.
I did have monarflex on it but taken a real beating.(Been up since August)
The wind does go through this stuff so it might be ok.
It lets 89% wind through.

---------- Post added at 06:52 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:49 PM ----------

It is designed to be used with zip ties. The hem breaks before the zip tie.

I just thought it would have holes in hem to fix it.
I think i'd have to roll joins instead of knitting it.

It sounds more like Debris Netting then Monoflex.
If its got the best of both, with neither it both types drawbacks, then the man who invented it aint half gonna make some money, lol.

You use the black nylon stitching that are approx 500ml centres. I used it a few years back on a powerstation in Scotland that was exposed to the elements. Originally we stitched the sheets together using cable ties an inch apart, and bungee toggles to the closest tube, but after bad weather and very high winds, the sheeting came away. Bungee toggles had snapped and the nylon tethers had ripped. We re-sheeted but this time laced a ledger at every line of ties every 500ml to fasten directly to also a ledger where the sheets joined cabletied every inch! Rather extreme but it did stay on!

I have just had a look at apollo scaffolding's website and they state that only elastic Power ties to be used for installing Powerclad VS or VSFR

http://www.apollo-scaffolding.com/pdf/SHEETING.pdf

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

Now I'm totally confused, we installed Monarflex Airflow on a high rise block of flats, the drawing stated fixing at 500mm intervals with zip ties:worried:

Top Bottom