poverty

Good post superscaff, I would have got either bored or brain freeze even thinking about it.

Numbnuts, I prefer to by my gear from the same supplier all the time although I do shop around but always go back unless the savings are significant(which they never are). I find this gets me good service and a good discount. Oh yes, and I pay my bills as they hit the carpet.

i bought gear from anyone with it for sale,for cash,i even used to buy from george roberts,trad,bsb selby.a chap from heywood.it all earns money.and didnt owe anyone anything.

Same with me, it's just easier that way.

super any chance of a start you seem a decent kind of guy and i reckon i would get the 150,and you pay diggs happy days:blink1:

AOM i know your minted but what are your rates,and being in the argyll peninsula you must be paying diggs

Yes happy we were paying digs. All the boys are local or certainly within travel area which despite the rural location is actually quite large. When ever there is demand that we can't cope with digs are arranged and paid for but simple economics dictate they are the first to go.

Thats alot of money to start but once you have the ball rolling and you have a steady run of work with clients that pay on time surley its a good business to be in

Thats alot of money to start but once you have the ball rolling and you have a steady run of work with clients that pay on time surley its a good business to be in

It's a good business to be in, just has it's up's and downs like the rest of them. Best bit, you can earn money while you sleep with the hire of material, worst bit, some erse shafts you and doesn't pay you at all. Don't think I could swap it now even if I wanted too.

paul there aint many clients that rush payments out to you, there is a few but not many

we have a few good paying customers, i had someone moaning the other day that we had put someone else before them, as they see our lads on another site, i pointed out to them that the job we was on was for a customer who pays us with in aday or to of getting a bill not like them takeing 2, to 3 months to get our money did like it but there you go.

you gotta go thru process of giving him certain deadlines and stuff , then ultimately you can pay money out to go to court which will take forever then once you win your case you will prob get £50 a month till debt paid in full so basically your best bet is to go chin the tw@t

one of the guys i know done a lot of work in ireland,when some geezer fucked him off for long enough,he reached the end of his tether and turned up at the c^^nts home chapped the door told his good lady to phone her hubby advising that the van load of young guns were about to start demolishing his home-----------hey presto he soon arrived with the cash.

unorthodox i know but effective:eek:--and they would have done it ;)

We had a local builder/conman who tried to pull a fast one and get out of 10 grand so the guvner of the firm i was on got his home address and a crew of us started putting up a big temp roof, by the time the old boy was home after a long day conin some other mug we were on the beams and perlins, his jaw hit the deck as my boss said pay up or the house will be dismantled brick by brick.
Ten minutes later the old sod comes out with £10'000 cash
Funny how they pleed poverty but can come up with the cash that quickv as to say no more work from him!

you gotta go thru process of giving him certain deadlines and stuff , then ultimately you can pay money out to go to court which will take forever then once you win your case you will prob get £50 a month till debt paid in full so basically your best bet is to go chin the tw@t

Can you not do credit checks on clients before you undertake any work ?

When jobs are priced do you price in the dismantle time as well ?

If you had to go back and alter a job do you charge for that and how ?

When you do you quotation the erect and dismantle money ther in the price but extras are normally at the run rate or a day rate stated in the contract

Can you not do credit checks on clients before you undertake any work ?

When jobs are priced do you price in the dismantle time as well ?

If you had to go back and alter a job do you charge for that and how ?

1) Credit checks are only half the story.

2) Price is up and down, usually 70-75% up remainder down or thereby.

3) Monthly hire rate after agreed free period, normally 4 weeks.

4) Adaptions per hour per man plus travel and material. Minimum
chargeable hours per site visit depending on contract, location etc.

Pretty clear and basic stuff and they will still try and stiff you.

Top Bottom