pooling information

And how do these "Cowboy" scaffold companies get on the sites without proper insurance RAMS , safety policys , carded men, rescue plans and all the rest that go with it these days

This way:

SuperStock_1525R-117080.jpg

Makes the world go round, apperently.

a siwft fifty wint get u far these days this is how we roll !

Attachments

• 100.jpg
    100.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 4
And how do these "Cowboy" scaffold companies get on the sites without proper insurance RAMS , safety policys , carded men, rescue plans and all the rest that go with it these days

At the end of the day [after all the posturing and pretending to do the right things] the directors of the main contractors want is to make more profit and complete on time so there are no penalty clauses implemented
hence onto site comes bodgitt and scarper scaffolding co, they carry out the works for a fraction of a proper scaffolding companies price and still get shafted at the end of the contract

Whats the answer General? Perhaps an External tag poster size to show its a LEGAL SCAFFOLD. ( insurance numbers and ticketed scaffs) Plumbers have Gas-safe certs,Sparks have a clear registration on the back of their motors. The industry needs to come together and sort it out. SCCR may be the way forward. All bona fida scaff companies,big and small would jump to sign up.

Whats the answer General? Perhaps an External tag poster size to show its a LEGAL SCAFFOLD. ( insurance numbers and ticketed scaffs) Plumbers have Gas-safe certs,Sparks have a clear registration on the back of their motors. The industry needs to come together and sort it out. SCCR may be the way forward. All bona fida scaff companies,big and small would jump to sign up.

Sorry Frederick i dont think it would work, these cowboys might not get into the 7th cavalry but i`d bet my house away that they could get any ticket/document cloned so you could not tell it from an original :amazed:

But surely the onus lies with the main contractor to make sure these "Cowboys" are found out and not employed ?
After all if i employ an illegal immigrant with false documents then i still get prosecuted.

We have to do site specif RAMS every day for the most basic of things , have weekly HSE and progress meetings on site , surely the mighty site manager must pick up on their inability to do these things in the correct manner

But surely the onus lies with the main contractor to make sure these "Cowboys" are found out and not employed ?
After all if i employ an illegal immigrant with false documents then i still get prosecuted.

We have to do site specif RAMS every day for the most basic of things , have weekly HSE and progress meetings on site , surely the mighty site manager must pick up on their inability to do these things in the correct manner

The mighty site manager is under the fat controller and all he wants is more profit, also the scaffolders might be the best going [doing everything by the book and getting paid a fair wage] its the cowboy owners that are a blott on the landscape :worried::worried:

Not sure where this is going, but you are not going to change the world overnight. I would say most sites we are on are controlled tightly by the site agent and what we find is the longer they have been at the game the better they are at covering their own backside regardless of what's going on at their site. There is actually some benefit to working with an agent on my first big site as he likes it by the book although that can get wearing after a while as well. I think I am right in saying the scaffs old defence of "That's all the client was willing to pay for" has been done away with and now we must prove with a paper trail that we informed them and offered the proper service. Estimates, hand-overs and even continual invoice's can help prove what happens on a particular site.

Got thrown off a job for not wearing eye protection ! middle of summer sweating like a pig 100 ft in the air erecting and couldnt see a ******* thing coz they kept steaming up , so safety officer said if i dont wear them even tho i couldnt see i will be off the job so i told the c**t to poke his job ! its all bollox lads !

Dead right Aom,no way would anyone tell me price is more important than saftey.

Fortunately Daveyboy the dreaded glasses have not really found their way on to many of our sites, mostly the engineering jobs water hydro and the like. The few sites that do make you wear them also had an agreement whereby if they became a hazard e.g too hot or wet you could speak to the site manager and he could risk assess and you could take them off. A bit of a carry on I know but it keeps them sweet.

Got thrown off a job for not wearing eye protection ! middle of summer sweating like a pig 100 ft in the air erecting and couldnt see a ******* thing coz they kept steaming up , so safety officer said if i dont wear them even tho i couldnt see i will be off the job so i told the c**t to poke his job ! its all bollox lads !

daveyboy, get yourself a pair you can take the lenses out of for situations like that.
when your over 20' up no one can tell the difference;)

daveyboy, get yourself a pair you can take the lenses out of for situations like that.
when your over 20' up no one can tell the difference;)

Or just get yourself - 'Anti Steam Eyeballs'.
Im sure you can get those from eBay. :toung:

Top Bottom