pins / spigots

yea ken had a vgood discussion today with b\marks health and saftey and accesses from greenwich health and saftey,two great guys loads of scaffolding beind them[a rareity these days]they gave the pin the thumbs up,more or less what ur post says.two very experianced chaps with the vitue of common sence,sadley ebbing from the industry.

talking bout girder clamps s.k.s and gravlocks ? my favourite is the bullets !!wha t do u think ?

must be as rare as a one holed band and plate then

Makes me laugh all the stuff ive scrapped over last ten years now seems to be creeping up in design drawings - unit beams - ladder beams - band and plates etc

yea gb still got em mate the d/h girder clamp harder to get a sgb podger now lol.

yeah the olde podger the olde days hiding on the top floor of the station playing who could get there podger to stick in the 8ft board sad but weve all
done it:embarrest:

Spigots

Spigots -
BS EN 12811-1:2003 - Mainly deals with tube and fitting scaffolding, the standard excludes:
- Platforms Suspended by ropes, wether fixed or movable;
- Horizontal movable platforms including Mobile Access Towers (MAT)
- Power-operated platforms;
- scaffolds used as protection for roof work;
- temporary roofs.

Mobile access towers have spigots built into the framework of the scaffold and they are covered by - BS EN 1004:2004 - Mobile access and working towers made of prefabricated elements — Materials, dimensions, design loads, safety and performance requirements as follows;

7.8.2 Vertical spigot and socket connection.
11.2.2.2 Inclinations between vertical components.

You can find further information on spigots and rigid connectors in: ENV 1993-2 and EN 12811-3.

Again BS EN 12810-1:2003 Façade scaffolds made of prefabricated components states the following: - Clause 7.3.5.2 - Platform units shall be locked against unintentional lifting. It is preferable that the platform units are
locked in position as part of the erection procedure by the addition of subsequent components. As an alternative, a fixing device may be provided which prevents their unintentional lifting up, whose satisfactory installation can be visually checked from above or below.

Spigots have not been banned. Ken Cain

i no some firms have banned them but they always ban and stop stuff that works well and saves time. i remember when the scaffolder always had a motorbike with him when
he errected scaffold right size tubes every time. think theve banned them to on most jobs exspecially on the powerplant industry what a great tool that was.

i no some firms have banned them but they always ban and stop stuff that works well and saves time. i remember when the scaffolder always had a motorbike with him when
he errected scaffold right size tubes every time. think theve banned them to on most jobs exspecially on the powerplant industry what a great tool that was.

The motorbike was good dico , but have you tried the battery cutters you get now , they are much faster then a grinder , leave no burr on the tube , and you dont need a hot works permit :D

Top Bottom