pins / spigots

allan666

Reaction score
whats the law on these , the larger companys never seem to use them any more where as smaller firms have no problem with them . i always used them only when needed but know some scaffs who would try and only use pins and avoid sleeves

I dont use them if i can help it, stronger job with sleeves some spigots dont seem to be much good.

am same as you allen have no prob using pins,your right company i work for dont particularly like em either.

correct me if i am wrong lol. there is a slip test on sleeves but never one for joint pins so bigger firms shy away from them or only use under compression, very handy to keep some arround though.

Gordon.

I try not to use them at all, if i do use them i will drop a splice accross the joint.

Like most, I only use them when I make an erse of working out the topper height.:eek:

Should not be used in ledgers due to the fact they have no slip force load.

Good practice not to use at all, however if used should only be in compression (Topping a standard) and not in tension (Ledger). If used with unit beams to join onto ledger then must be spliced.

Good planning out of job should not have to use them.

25years ago they were common,whats changed???we all used em for toppers.

---------- Post added at 10:59 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:50 AM ----------

is there a law prohibiting the use of pins????or is there a guidence notice saying this? were all scaffs we know where to use them and where not to use them,the question was can we use them anymore.i prefer them for hemping just my personal choice until some bright light takes my choice from me and decides otherwise which i shouldnt think will be long lol.

scaff

joint pins still being used,but are becoming rarer everday.Not a clue as to whether they are still legal are not.Does any one out there no the answer.

Scafftag answer this in a previous post mate....

they are mate are they,in all training centres??theres a earlier post saying not good practice to use at all by a training centre employee.oh well more cofusion,the left hand dont know what rights doing.

These spigots/pins were invented to be used as and when,Allways keep a couple handy you never know ;)

Good practice is Simians view lads.

We do not allow them to be used in our centre, except when jointing a unit beam to your main structure ledger.

Hope this clears any confusion which I caused...

---------- Post added at 12:00 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:58 AM ----------

Must add before any more confusion these are then spliced....

Is right Dave,In the perfect conditions in these Training Centres maybe,In the real scaffolding enviroment a very handy bit of kit.;)

HA HA just like a gravlock on a petro/chem site...

Yeah can,t beat the gravlock,Bit lighter than the sk (stevie knight) must of made his money before they got banned ;)

by all accounts mate they are not banned some companies still use them?

Does my head in when people call the gravlock a SK completly different looking fitting and I dont think Steve would be best please if he was still with us..(RIP)

Top Bottom