Pic of apollo tie

they just wouldent tighten up just kept spinning when they were put in charge hand was going nuts like lol the ties have faild on a few job come to think of it so i wonder if were drilling he holes with the rong drill bit or the rong type of bit we drill using a drill bit with 4 threads on it if your get me and not 2 do you think this could be making the diffrence ?/

Could be, it made a difference for us, we just couldn't get what I would call a speed thread in. The single thread is the way forward to us. To be fair we use the hook type more in timber but I just found a local supplier for bolts and he told me to try them in timber and they worked a treat surprisingly.

I dont like Excalaber self tapping bolts in brickwork i have no confidence in them , but in concrete they are solid .

Must admit Phill there isn't that much brick round here but that's why we have a couple of options. What do you use in brick?

---------- Post added at 09:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:38 PM ----------

i'm not to sure about the type your on about Alister anychance of a pic, is it the excalibr bolt with a hex head on that you fix the bracket with

That is the bolt, can't see the bracket but I will.

Leach's Scaffolding consumables

We use the rawbolt expanding shield anchors with the brackets , but iam in the process of getting the nylon 25mm eye bolts and fittings from Apollo , just got to get around to ordering them , we also use Hilti anchors still as we bought a shed load last time we ordered them , plus like Southern says what the hell do you do with all them M16 rings.

i didnt realise that you had to use a nylon insert with them i thought they went straight into the brickwork....bloody rubber insert above the pic on that link as well,gonna ring them tomoror for a techspec sheet and price lolol

I have loads of tech sheets I got from Scaffy, you might need to put up your e addy though.

Southern your using the excaluber bolts ?

you dont use a nylon plug for them they are self tapping , i personaly dont like them as they never seem to get tight enough in brick work.

The type which you use the nylon plug for are the 25mm small rings tht you use the tube with a " pig tail" or a special fitting Apollo do the fittings and the rings for a very reasonable price

Has anyone got any guidance on the installation of the internal and external hooks. I had a copy, and cant find it !

TW, drop me your e-mail. I certainly had the guidance but have lost a lot of e-mails lately but will have a look.

---------- Post added at 08:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:22 PM ----------

E-mail sent TW, hope it helps.

Top Bottom