Pic of apollo tie

Does anyone have a picture of one

If you send me your email I'll forward you the mail-shot I received from Apollo about 20 minutes ago.

There's a few pics of the srew bolt, couplers and fixings.

i've never used these b4 - i take it that theres only a small ring in the brickwork to attach to,
just started usin the excaliber ring bolts but cant see how u'd test it for pull

You just place the tester behind the ring bolt , and pull test like any other fixing mate :)

does the ring head clear the bottom bridge of the tester then, and how difficult is it to srew em into the brick

Not sure what tester your using but it should clear it , are they the self tapping bolts you got ? or the bolts with a nylon plug ?

does the ring head clear the bottom bridge of the tester then, and how difficult is it to srew em into the brick

There is another attachment on the tester to pull the small rings which give it plenty of clearance hotspanner. They are excellent ties and test on a par as any other tie I have used. My main concern is if you follow the guidance you have to double your test for nylon to allow for creep but manufacturers guidelines say you only get creep if they were subject to vibration for over a year. No one has dug me for it yet but wouldn't be surprised if the question doesn't arise soon enough.

we had a method statment about drilling fixing these ties. It said go into the mortor beneath the brick screw in to first line it was because bricks were splitting. When we done pull tests on them "test to destruction" was 12kn, double what was required of the tie.
personally i think they are the best tie on the market as they range in lenghth and are quick to fix. and the filler caps make great ear plugs

They have quite comprehensive guidance on where and how to fix them which is another reason I like them, even what way the plug should face. If the brick was splitting it must have been the hollow type was it?

I wish i had a pound for every brick i`ve split due to drilling with the 20mm drill bit and using the old type hilti tie (many moons ago)Whether it be right or wrong all them years ago(30) i was told the correct place to drill was in between the mortar joints(perps)Sometimes i did sometimes i did`nt dependant on the state of the brickwork.

Fast forward 30 years and the apollo/excaliber ties seem to be the tie of choice,given that its a lot easier i think to drill a hole with a 12mm drill bit as opposed to a 20mm drill bit.Also when working on reinforced concrete structures,when drilling with the 20mm drill bit 50% of the time you hit the rebar.That dose`nt happen half as often when drilling with the 12mm drill bit,for obvious reasons.

we use these bolt the self tapping yan and then with something similar to the appol tie just the hook goes round the other way in to the centre of the butt used on the fitting. they were tested by some 1 from lloyds t s b bank dont know who he was but he was a jock and every escalaba bo tested poped out so had to be m16 ed in no idea y then poped weather they hadn tapped them selves in properly he type of block sandstone brick or what ever it was under the plaster wasnt strong enought i dont know but first time av ever heard of the excalliber bolt failing ie tests repeatadly any 1 eles have this problem

we use these bolt the self tapping yan and then with something similar to the appol tie just the hook goes round the other way in to the centre of the butt used on the fitting. they were tested by some 1 from lloyds t s b bank dont know who he was but he was a jock and every escalaba bo tested poped out so had to be m16 ed in no idea y then poped weather they hadn tapped them selves in properly he type of block sandstone brick or what ever it was under the plaster wasnt strong enought i dont know but first time av ever heard of the excalliber bolt failing ie tests repeatadly any 1 eles have this problem

Never but we only use them in hard stone. They do say if rendered you are meant to pre drill a larger hole to expose the substrate.

I knew that SP but they would be no use to us as that thread is useless in granite. We have the single thread bolts where you fix a bracket to take a tube and we also use the hook fitting type where you insert a nylon thread and screw in a smaller hook.

sp there the yans i was on about but smaller eye and gold clolour. i have no idea what there supose to be used for in concret brick morta were never told were just told to tie using these in any thing yas should know the score with my spot by now lol the gaffer had us suing them in a timber fram building:nuts: and said screw them in the wood lol we tired a few to show him but they slipped right out lol ahahah so done what we new we had to as we dont thave the ties to go in to wood if you can get them and we done reveal ties

Scaff, the excalibur bolts go in to timber no problem.

I knew that SP but they would be no use to us as that thread is useless in granite. We have the single thread bolts where you fix a bracket to take a tube and we also use the hook fitting type where you insert a nylon thread and screw in a smaller hook.

i'm not to sure about the type your on about Alister anychance of a pic, is it the excalibr bolt with a hex head on that you fix the bracket with

Might have to give me a minute with that one SP, I'll be back.:cool:

Top Bottom