pet hate

benjo0211

Reaction score
After stripping a job yesterday on a new build site I thought I'd start a thread, what really gets on your tits in this game mine is when those tw@ts bricklayers don't clean there boards!!! Arrrrgh highly irratating

wount work on new builds did in my early years and yes bricklayers was my night mare not cleaning up behind them
GROW YOUR OWN DOPE PLANT A BRICKLAYER

Annoying yes! it has always been the same with them mate. Many options are available, bag the crap up and dump it in their muck, purchase a bag of rapid set, dump it their muck, accidently knock their laid bricks.... could go on and on mate, what I also hate is when they wipe their trowls on the standards, when you break them down, your gloves and skin are shot to pieces! or you can also put a charge in for time spent, see hoe they like that.

Erecting/dismantling in a town centre, you have all the area barricaded off and next thing you know some clown has moved the barriers to come and gaze in a shop window, pi55es me right off if they tripped over a fitting or got hit by a tube you would have the no win no fee brigade round in a flash

After stripping a job yesterday on a new build site I thought I'd start a thread, what really gets on your tits in this game mine is when those tw@ts bricklayers don't clean there boards!!! Arrrrgh highly irratating

Always turn your boards on the inside, it covers the wall and sills in sh1t and it doesn't take many of these to piss the forman off (takes days to clean) then just advise him that the boards are always covered, i bet they won't be the next time.;)

PS try not to let him see you do it.

A few years ago one bricky thought it would be funny to fill a long up with mortar was even funnier when aa had to come and replace his 4 tyres after I accidently slashed his tyres hahahaha

Or window fitters wiping excess silicone on standards..sticky crap all over your hands and clothes..annoys the sh1t out of me..manys a box of silicone went overboard and into the skip...worse again shuttering chipies taking out your ladders..:mad::mad:

3 things really wind me up big time

1. dumb sh.it hoddies who clean there hod out by banging on the handrail, then watch as you rip urself to bits when sliding it through ur hands

2.taking a bollocking for a missing ladder, that you know was there yesterday and secured -only to find some numbnut painter just needed somewhere else for 5mins but couldn't be ars.ed to bring it back

3. watching some lazy basta..rd take your brand new boards to cut down for shuttering,or to make a ramp,tressle or some stupid thing that could have been made out of the abundance of wood on site
;-)

1 when you go to strip a job and everybodys leftovers are still on it
2 when you go to strip a job and you have to erect (what other trades have altered and removed) to make it safe before you can strip

Last edited:
I hate it when you have to wait for the barrel to be changed at the bar.......

people with scaffold cards who dont know how to scaffold even if they think they do .
scaffold card means you attended a no fail training course , it definetly doesnt mean you can scaffold . also scaffolders that work offshore and think this means there good at there job , it doesnt , iv been

I hate working with arrogant 'know-it-all' Scaffolders who seem to think they are gods gift to everything, even when they are wrong... they still act smug, because they are so blinded by their own importance that they think thaty everyone is a w@nker compared to them.

People like that are just C.UNTS, plain and simple.

Trades who tie the laddergate with brick strap back to scaffold so its always open .

I hate working with arrogant 'know-it-all' Scaffolders who seem to think they are gods gift to everything, even when they are wrong... they still act smug, because they are so blinded by their own importance that they think thaty everyone is a w@nker compared to them.

You've worked with me?

Haha J. Thats the whole industry aint it.cept for liverlad and your goodself of course;)

plasterers who take your boards then cut them to fit in a room 2/ pepole who take ties out 3/ roofers who cut tiles across the boards

Every trade who uses the scaffold is a fxcking pain...............

Top Bottom