paye holiday paye

dico

Reaction score
just a bit of advice really dosent really concern me just i will pick up the bill for my wife lol!!! my firm paye holiday paye wether you have accured them or not so if you booked 2 weeks holiday my firm will honour it untill you accured them so you can take them any time of the year!! right off subject a bit cos this is for my wife shes paye working in a care home for sh!t wages wipeing and doing all sorts of stuff but hee hoo someone has to do it:laugh: she cant take holiday in december as there not allowed also there saying she hasnt accured the 3 weeks just the 2 weeks so she cant have it!! unfortunatly this care home is run by indians shes been told come november she will have to take a week as she will lose her holiday intitlement can they do this as she needs the week now not november or are they comeing the olde indian she has a appointment with the cab tuesday any heads up on this situation please

It's all probably down to what is in her contract - which doesn't really help, I'm afraid.

Holiday entitlements are always strange things. If she has only just started working there, they can be really mean and say you are entitled to so many days for the time you have worked (employers get worried you will take all your allocation and feck off - they have a point sometimes :notrust:)).

However, she could ask for non paid holiday if it's quiet at the home and it's something you have already booked?

Good employers will try to keep good staff.

CAB will be able to advise her better than me though. Good luck :)

thankyou betertax 4yrs my partner has worked there and holiday was booked last month some staff have been payed before theve accured there holiday she has been told she can have it unpayed thou!!! only difference i can see is shes 4 months pregnant perhaps the reason may be maternity and they wana save more monies hmmm cab i think but thanks beter tax

I think,any holidays for the year have to be used in the same year. Some companies wont allow a roll over and dont pay you if you work whats due,they might have a company policy manual Dico. Basically end of year is nov,use hols before. Philio,Bf and aom would have better advice. Never trust an icheebum.lol

dico sorry to hear of your good ladys hassle,with regards holidays something she dont need when pregnant.the contract will let you know exactly whats what and if the wife has signed then she has agreed to the holiday policy,IF IT IS THE SAME because you have mentioned that there is different standards for other members of staff.
Alot of companys do have the accrued method IE 2 Days a month work,but surely if thats the case your better half can cash in the holiday pay accrued and take the rest of the days as unpayed.
As you say CAB will help but tell the wife to wear a burkha as she will get taken quicker and they will fight her corner harder:eek:

I think,any holidays for the year have to be used in the same year. Some companies wont allow a roll over and dont pay you if you work whats due,they might have a company policy manual Dico. Basically end of year is nov,use hols before. Philio,Bf and aom would have better advice. Never trust an icheebum.lol

Not much help this end I'm afraid. I keep it simple and just give them the standard 29 days. 20 days fixed and the rest when it suits. It's one of many things I just can't be bothered to keep track of.

Yeah, 2 weeks summer and winter. A week when they want and a couple of long weekends usually may and September.

---------- Post added at 08:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:38 PM ----------

29 days is the legal minimum.

Not much help this end I'm afraid. I keep it simple and just give them the standard 29 days. 20 days fixed and the rest when it suits. It's one of many things I just can't be bothered to keep track of.

Is one of the other things rangers ;)

Is one of the other things rangers ;)

No, looking forward to seeing them tomorrow unfurl another championship flag.;)
Forgot about old firm weekends, even the many outsiders we work for accept they are not getting scaffs on site for a few days.

---------- Post added at 08:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:43 PM ----------

Gis a job.:D

You my friend couldn't handle the pay cut.

You and me both matey, should really have seen it coming when I saw the headlines that morning. There is more hard shifts ahead and if it was a business I would have cut them loose long ago, but it's in the blood.

Im self employed,Wots a pay cut?:sad2:
Be worth it just for the copious amounts of hols you dish out:D

Im self employed,Wots a pay cut?:sad2:
Be worth it just for the copious amounts of hols you dish out:D

Don't want to be banging the drum or anything but it's part of the nasc audit. I reckon there have been a few guys who have had a good moan about them but didn't know that they were benefiting from them.

Anyway, if you ever fancy a busmans holiday give me a shout.

Top Bottom