Passing gear down

I Actually Enjoyed Stripping That Job Gents, First Time For Months I Can Say I Did A Bit Made Some Money And Enjoyed It , Had A Great Day, Job Was Six Lifts High, One Lift Of Boards, Its All Ready To Be Picked Up Now.

---------- Post added at 07:33 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:32 PM ----------

See You In Ninety Minutes Gents.

Pick up from where.....in the ground like fecking darts....lol lol

---------- Post added at 07:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:33 PM ----------

Come on dumfermline.......he he

No Scaffy, In Pallets Boards All Banded Ready To Go Mate.

Are there any regulations on passing gear down when stripping ?

paul pass it down and do what you need too when striking to make your dosh!!! :nuts: this scaffolders forum is for scaffolders to put the world to rights! sometimes I think this forum is not for scaffolders we all do what we need to do just cos we come on here dosnt make us right!! you do what you need to do to make money so lets not all be perfect scaffolders cos we use this forum its what it is:laugh:

That mean you bomb gear then kev...lol lol

we do what we need to do den outside this forum:laugh: never bomb gear just when you need too:laugh: den we need to talk lol!! otherwise you not get anything done:laugh:

To be honest none of us are perfect as you well know but your missing the point we need to do it safe , cant just except thats what we need to do to earn our money ! If we cant provide a good save method for passing gear down to the next generation of scaffolders coming thru rather than bombing or catching gear , well we are not doing our jobs right .
This forum is for us to share ideas , help each other out , provide information !

Bet 90% bomb fittings on here if you dont then your liars .as for board and tube passing down safe depens on how many men and what sights your on would say 60% of safety goes out the window at weekends or on a job and knock.

To be honest none of us are perfect as you well know but your missing the point we need to do it safe , cant just except thats what we need to do to earn our money ! If we cant provide a good save method for passing gear down to the next generation of scaffolders coming thru rather than bombing or catching gear , well we are not doing our jobs right .
This forum is for us to share ideas , help each other out , provide information ![/QUOTE

We didn't miss the point Paul, we just got a bit nostalgic for the days when bombing was acceptable. Getting gear up or down will always carry a risk no matter what method you use. My preference is hand to hand, other's prefer the rope, the big boys will have mechanical hoists or cranes, but the crux of the matter they all need controlling and managing and if you're nervous all the time you watch your scaffs I would suggest that you do what we all have to do which is get the right men on the right job at the right time with the right resources including a set of rams that they understand and are able to follow. Follow that up with training and toolbox talks to explain what is now no longer acceptable and take appropriate action when any of the above is not followed.

Three pages on the best way to pass gear down? Really?

We managed 10 on regional dialects not long ago.

Lol. Yis ur jist wee namby pamby scaffs like lad.

if you read section 10 and 11 of the WAHR in section 10 "Falling objects" it says that an employer must take steps to insure to prevent any person being struck by an object that could cause injury. In the next paragraph 3 it says "no materials or objects are to be thrown or tipped where it is liable to cause injury" In the next section 11 Danger areas , it bangs on about if there is a danger of somebody being hit by falling objects in the danger area you are supposed to stop people entering this area and the area has to be clearly indicated. You could argue then , that if you're dropping gear down to the floor, as long as you have a controlled area and there is no risk of anybody being hit, its ok to drop materials ? does this mean then if you have a controlled area you can drop materials. Recently on a course I was on the instructor said as much to us. I won't mention where or when.

never mind passing down gear I like pissing down gear especially when the Labrador bn flickin it off in the thunder box far to long to av a shyte lol

Funny you mention the ol thunder box scc, we once used two straps off a wagon and strapped one lazy fuuckwit in the flytrap for nearly two hours.....lets just say he never once went back in their.

I wouldn't imagine dangeruss as it already says nothing is to be tipped and if your bombing gear you have no control over it.

Top Bottom