Passing gear down

Ensure theres no visible skid marks on your undies, could be embarrasing

You could get further advice if you visit a local strip joint and speak with the strippers.

Last edited:
Never heard of owt Paul, Manual handling and not overloading the scaffold would be the only things that anyone could chuck at you. Oh yeh and making sure the labourer at the bottom doesn't drop the gear for the last 12" the laszy little b4st4rd, and get every single tube either full of sh1t and dig a massive hole on the pristine lawn or smash the fck out of the stone flags out side a listed church! 'HOW FCKIN MANY TIMES HAVE I TO TELL YOU TO NOT DROP THEM AND PUT SOMERT ON THE FCKIN FLOOR YOU LITTLE FCKIN BELLEND GRRRRRRR'.......... Sorry got a little side tracked then, it's just 2nd nature when mentioning the labourer at the bottom of the chain.

haha, they are the same the world over.

Remember depending on where you are working to barrier off a safe area.

Never heard of owt Paul, Manual handling and not overloading the scaffold would be the only things that anyone could chuck at you. Oh yeh and making sure the labourer at the bottom doesn't drop the gear for the last 12" the laszy little b4st4rd, and get every single tube either full of sh1t and dig a massive hole on the pristine lawn or smash the fck out of the stone flags out side a listed church! 'HOW FCKIN MANY TIMES HAVE I TO TELL YOU TO NOT DROP THEM AND PUT SOMERT ON THE FCKIN FLOOR YOU LITTLE FCKIN BELLEND GRRRRRRR'.......... Sorry got a little side tracked then, it's just 2nd nature when mentioning the labourer at the bottom of the chain.

tube turds yan of ya pet hates lol can honestly say i never cracked a 400 year old flag stone ahahah few flower bed maby lol

The Work at Height Regs which would be the regs for danger areas and falling objects but im sure it will tie in with something else. Like Aom said just make sure no one can get to the area your working in and pass down hand to hand in a controlled manner unless using a rope and wheel.

I was working on the street today erecting. We got the signs out and these hard plastic red barriers to claim a safe space. I couldn't believe the amount of people who just ignored everything to walk under us then when we went to pad up the standards and lift all the barriers and signs they started to cross the road. I'll never figure out the public.

We had that prob on sunday al. We were on hsbc in kidderminster, fully barriered off finishing the fan and this mother with a toddler in a pram move the barriers to get to cash point in which she still has to step over the kicker lift. Im mean ffs have some people got no brains.

Funny you should say that, I did meet an old flame when we were erecting, first time in 20 years I've seen her. Times have obviously changed though, it wasn't a pram she was pushing, it was an old dear in a wheelchair. :embarrest:

The amount of times i pull up on a job to check the boys are ok or give them ahand to strip and i see them dropping gear to each other makes me nervous , when i used to do it ,it didnt seem to affect me but now i dont like seeing it , especially when they chain gear down from a big job on a saturday and sunday with job and knock . There all standing in a line catching gear from each other , it only takes one guy not to catch something and then its game over .

tube turds yan of ya pet hates lol can honestly say i never cracked a 400 year old flag stone ahahah few flower bed maby lol

Yeh it's my pet hate, fckin tube turds!! We do loads of work in churches, and there's nothing better than putting a job inside, leaving it there for 2/3 months and then when you strip it, the sh1t has dried out and when you carry the kit out, you bombard the place with 3" pieces of Ethel's garden from higham. Obviously on a sh1ty building site, it can't be helped.

The amount of times i pull up on a job to check the boys are ok or give them ahand to strip and i see them dropping gear to each other makes me nervous , when i used to do it ,it didnt seem to affect me but now i dont like seeing it , especially when they chain gear down from a big job on a saturday and sunday with job and knock . There all standing in a line catching gear from each other , it only takes one guy not to catch something and then its game over .

Paul, that made me smile. I always felt more than a little embarrassed that I used to bomb gear 5 lifts but rip into an apprentice for doing the same at 1 lift. It's amazing how responsibility can change your perception.

Alistair, (Almost) Ashamed To Say It But That Is Precisely What I Was Doing Today On A Demolition Site In Dundee, There Was Not A Soul Around Us For Miles, It Was Like Going Back In Time. Fekking Fabulous.

Brilliant, it used to be an art form, lay all your tubes in size order against the job. All be it, 3 foot deep in mud. :laugh:

Yeh it's my pet hate, fckin tube turds!! We do loads of work in churches, and there's nothing better than putting a job inside, leaving it there for 2/3 months and then when you strip it, the sh1t has dried out and when you carry the kit out, you bombard the place with 3" pieces of Ethel's garden from higham. Obviously on a sh1ty building site, it can't be helped.

Nowt worse than a dirty 3' mud turd coming towards you from 30", Nothing a couple of boards placed on the deck wont hurt whilst your getting kit down. Tell the boys next time coops that if a mud turd comes out the end of the tube at you again then you'll make them clean the ends out of all the kit......or is that being harsh...lol lol

---------- Post added at 07:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:23 PM ----------

Alistair, (Almost) Ashamed To Say It But That Is Precisely What I Was Doing Today On A Demolition Site In Dundee, There Was Not A Soul Around Us For Miles, It Was Like Going Back In Time. Fekking Fabulous.

Nowt to be ashamed of ger. Its like speeding in a car, we know its wrong but it feels good to do it....:eek::eek::toung:

Ha ha, still a bit rebellious.

---------- Post added at 07:32 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

The gers game just kicked off so here's hoping that they do well, catch you boys in 90 minutes.

Top Bottom