Pasma

You can only erect ali towers etc with a pasma card... unless you hire one for home use, then its just follow the instructions, complete joke pasma...

I'm advanced CISRS scaff, adv inspector, scaff supervisor CISRS... and without the pasma card am deemed incompetant to erect them :nuts: mine runs out in 2 years, then it will go were it belongs.. in the fuk.kin skip..lol

System Scaffolds are the same, without the certificate you can not erect them...

According to HSE figures in 2008, over 98% of Alloy Towers Erected by qualified Scaffolders, about 97% didn't collapse or fall over.

Meaning that almost NO Alloy Towers fell over if a Scaffolder built them.

But those figures are just too much for the HSE to risk!!! :eek:

The thick f.uckers, lol. :D

Ali towers have their place in scaffolding. I support training and certification.

I support training and certification.. but not for ali towers... we should be allowed to erect them with our CISRS cards...

thanks for that info and clearing it up i mind using them when i did the basic but wasnt sure if we were from that and pasma was really just a course so that other trades could get trained and qualified in use of quick access solutions

Im a CISRS Advanced Scaffolder.

I can build Hangers off bridges - Legally.
I can build Flying Shores, high up in the air - Legally.
I can build huge Temporary Roofs over Tower Blocks - Legally.

But i cant build a simple Alloy Tower, that anyone with even a fraction of a brain can.

Madness, if you ask me.

Madness just about sums it up Jason, add on the additional 2 days to build a single lift independent in system and we are right in the nut hoose.:weird:

I have booked a course with the citb at Hillington, Glasgow.Pasma.
Iam going for product info like how high you can go with them and alternative uses rather than just towers. £130.

You could have saved yourself £130 and just asked on here. They will tell you the same on your course but refer to manufacturers guidelines, they are all different. :idea:

folk hate to ask, saw a couple of jobs recently that were asking for it and thought it worthwile in that respect. bought a couple of boss towers secondhand and iam at the early stages of considering what i can do with them.its my foot in the door of the scaffold business without the yard, motor, men,insurance.

Oh, that's slightly different. I don't know a lot about these towers but what little we have done is with the Generation Mast tower which from what little I know is a bit tougher than most and when used with their span deck can provide a cheap alternative to other scaffold types. Good luck with your new venture.

should need no more than a library card!

folk hate to ask

If you don't ask you don't get, that is what the forum is all about.:idea:

Last mob i was working with,Ally towers where the best paying pricework jobs
Flinging them up and down on council jobs for the closes, £50 strip and re-erect

See more and more of them about Glasgow

An agency phoned me 2 weeks ago and asked me if I had a pasma card. I replied that I didnt, but held a cisrs advanced card for over 25 years and been putting these things up on and off for just as long.

The agency bloke said it would be more than enough, until I got a call back 10 minutes later saying that some jumped-up little site manager insisted on a pasma card. I wont repeat what I told the agency bloke what the site manager can do with himself.

Like a university graduate going back to primary school. :mad:

Top Bottom