Pasma

cala

Reaction score
So to renew the PASMA card you have to do a written and practical test.... what for bangin a bit of ali tower up, :D won't be renewing that then... cheeky fukers.

That's the real reason I give the boys rigger boots.;)

At least in Ireland we use the 'ticket for life' FÁS card. Just renew every five years as long as you can still prove you are in the business. A signed log book does this.

Also, a FÁS basic ticket covers mobiles too and it's not even in the basic course!

Got to be honest and say it's one of the ticket's I wouldn't like to have, never liked the stuff.

One site agent asked us to build some for him and I told him he were not qualified so he went away and done the course and came back and asked again only this time he said he would sign it off. He wasn't a happy bunny when we refused again.:cool:

massive con pasma, the bloke we had for the 1 day course, lol.. was'nt a scaffolder and was a right nobhead...

I think that is fairly common, usually salesmen do this training.

Got my PASMA ticket in 08. Hate the stuff!! It's one step up from tressels, complete big bag of shiite:mad:

We used alloy towers linked together for a painting firm we work for. Very quick to put up and I get good money for them... I will never knock them..I still have a alloy chimney scaffold but I can,t get any safety paper work for them...

There is still a couple of people do these chimney scaffolds. We were asked earlier this year for them but in the end they wanted traditional scaffold as there was some heavy stone repairs needed.

We used them for plumbers who need to put a new flue liner down inside the chimneys.
I must admit they are not for any brick repairs or general purpose use only very light duty work..

Why the days training every 5 years ?? like your gonna forget how to put that **** up..:evil: just an excuse for them getting more £££ **** em, won't be renewing mine.. mind you I've still got 2 years left on it... and yes AOM the nob taking our course was an ex salesman... knew **** all about scaffolding...

The Boss alloy towers are upgrading every month now with advanced guard rails.. I did the CITB course years ago more paper work then putting them up then I did the 1st Pasma course which was all practical now it is a lot of questions....

ok, so im an advanced scaffolder of twelve years, total 17 years. I can do any job, droppers, trussouts, bridges any thing. but if I build an ally tower 3m I need to go an see a joiner to come an sign the handover, WTF! as the world gone mad?

ok, so im an advanced scaffolder of twelve years, total 17 years. I can do any job, droppers, trussouts, bridges any thing. but if I build an ally tower 3m I need to go an see a joiner to come an sign the handover, WTF! as the world gone mad?

Exactly, these pasma people think there airline pilots aswell..lol... ask a joiner... **** that..:eek:

That stuff is best left to the joiners.

whats the laws and rules and regulations of it we cover it when we did the bacic card part 1 i thi nk so shurly we once we get your basic card your qualified for it so scaffs dont need it is it not just waste of cash?

It is a waste of cash saf 78 but you do a lot of different things at your college but doesn't mean your qualified or competent I'm afraid. I think they call it a taster.

Top Bottom