Part 2

marra watson

Reaction score
Well thas it signed the your mine document to day 1,900 quid price of the course plus a weeks wage as he giving ......giving me a weeks free wage and taking a weeks holiday lol must of give me a pay rise 700 for weeks wage??? Lol aye well its hapending mondays any advise lads questions etc

Aye monday marra looking forwud to it but knowing my lucky ill fall of yan tomoz lol

Lol.

You'll love it mate.
The course's are usually a right good crack, and theres good lads you meet on there. :)

Cant really fail, unless your a duntie or you kill someone, lol.

He cost from me to them if i leave with in 2 years but fort about it afer av signed it lol as you do ..... Cvourse around 900-1000 olus a weeks pay (1 week is paid and 1 week is my holidays) so 900 plus a weeks wage is 1200 dont know were they got the 1900 from lol

In theory it dont cost them anything... apparently.
Firms are encouraged to put their workers through training and what-not, by the way of Government Grants and stuff.

They get pretty much all of it back, eventually.
So im told. ;)

a firm receives up to £45 a day back on the price , yet the stingy ******* pay for no ****

---------- Post added at 09:01 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:01 PM ----------

oh and good luck , im sure u dont need it

Exactly why i pay for my own tickets and courses.
This way im free to come and go as i please and i dont owe anyone anything. :)

Short term, its costly, but in the long term - its worth the sacrifice.

I should be good crk like its 2 weeks off work as i see i lol but sill have to go in to work afer ..... Well for yan week i do he las week no chance am on my hols lol

What? Go in AFTER you finish the course each day after 4pm or what ever??

dam right jason its the only way to be , hope theres no hard feelings over that post , thought u might find it funny

Thats it jay marra paid for me part 1 and kicked me pan in for me part 2 took until i handed me notice and the last day of me notice to offer me it propperly lol but still after that av got it and if we crnt come to an agreement on wages then so be it lol ;) nar i do winge about them and rightly so but it pays the bills ow did i mention i h8 the feking spot and the gaffers need to get back on spanner and not keep us out in rain and then back to yard for 2/3 loading up lol ;)

---------- Post added at 09:11 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:08 PM ----------

I yis jason and then work till 7 8 maby 9 might be lucky6 and get away at 6, jb was that ment for me or jayson didnt see any offence to any of your commens marra just good info and 45 aday back off the price cants eh dont know were they got 1900 lol

dam right jason its the only way to be , hope theres no hard feelings over that post , thought u might find it funny

Not really, if im honest, lol.
Im trying to keep well away from anymore shiite about the country that shall not be named...

Dont matter though.

In theory it dont cost them anything... apparently.
Firms are encouraged to put their workers through training and what-not, by the way of Government Grants and stuff.

They get pretty much all of it back, eventually.
So im told. ;)

fairytale stuff jason, yes an emploer if registered with the CITB recieves a grant for the student,which i believe has now been reduced to £15 per day so over the course is £150 against the couse price of £1400 which includes the final 1 day assesment,on top of that they're expected to pay for the students food & accomadation £350 plus his traveling expenses and then his wages while he's away proberbly another £5-600 per week - so by far do they get it for free, its quite an investment in people

Last edited:
fairytale stuff jason, yes an emploer if registered with the CITB recieves a grant for the student,which i believe has now been reduced to £15 per day so over the course is £150 against the couse price of £1500 which includes the final 1 day assesment,on top of that they're expected to pay for the students food & accomadation £350 plus his traveling expenses and then his wages while he's away proberbly another £5-600 per week - so by far do they get it for free, its quite an investment in people

But it benefits both parties, surely.

Without CISRS qualified Scaffolders, you wouldn't be able to tender of any decent sized work.
Putting blokes through their tickets is win-win for everyone.

And, your able to pay them shiite money, as payment for you 'doing them a favour' where as if you employ an already ticketed bloke, he'll usually want more. ;)

whats fairytale is companies paying for things like food , travel,accomadation, wages, most guys are probably losing out when doin the course , guys on my course had no wage for the weeks there , no nothing

the bloke i work for at the mo is only a smallish outfit and has just had to put another guy through his part 2 as the previous one who he had put through a pt 1 and was on £115 aday been on for 6 months passed took a payrise to £125 for 2 weeks ,Then left for an xtra £5 on another firm - so the investment he made is lost and now he's gotta start training someone all over again - i dont think that was shiiit money included a van & fuel.....same type of money most pt2 are on at the mo

JB did you know if they were self employed or paye
cos on my course all but 2 of us were putting ourselves through and obviously had no pay etc but the other 2 from palmers had everything paid for by the company

Last edited:
Top Bottom